The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
The USC Annenberg Norman Lear Center seeks an enthusiastic candidate for a full-time Program Administrator position. The person will provide general administrative and program support to Lear Center staff and to the various projects within the Center, including the Hollywood, Health & Society (HH&S) program. The Program Administrator understands the TV entertainment industry, how writers rooms function and TV shows are created; develops and coordinates HH&S project outreach activities; conducts inquiries and consultations between subject matter experts and TV shows; tracks and maintains database of consultations; supports event planning; provides leadership and direction for day-to-day operations and administrative functions; participates in the planning, design and development of project protocols, data acquisition and management; researches and drafts tip sheets; analysis and reporting of program results to funding agencies; as well as offer additional assistance with video production, social media strategy and proposal writing.
Excellent writing skills and a working knowledge of a wide variety of software programs including Microsoft Office, i.e. MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, will be essential. Keynote, Salesforce, and video editing skills a plus.
Work is split between the Lear Center office located in Los Angeles, and work-from-home, and occasionally at event locations in Los Angeles.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence and reports.
- Edits documents produced by others.
- Ensures confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events. Arranges with vendors for services, prepares agendas, gathers and organizes supporting information, and oversees production and distribution of related materials. Attends functions to ensure satisfactory outcome. Records minutes and summarizes notes and prepares them for distribution.
- Helps coordinate the preparation, development and production of major documents such as proposals and reports.
- Helps oversee office operations. Implements changes or enhancements to procedures to improve productivity, efficiency and service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
4 years experience
Preferred Field of Expertise:
Entertainment industry experience, program coordination, writing and communication skills, administrative experience. Public health experience is a plus. Four years combined experience in a health, academic and/or media organization.
Applications should be submitted via usccarreers.usc.edu
and should include the following:
- A cover letter (Our system will allow you to add additional documentation by clicking the “upload” button in the same section where you attach your resume.)
- This is a grant-funded, full-time staff position.
- Job openings are posted for a minimum of (5) five business days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended, so please apply on the same business day if interested.
- USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff and their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans; tuition benefits for staff and their family; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, transit subsidy program, buses and free tram pick up services; discounts to sporting and other campus events.
About the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism
Located in Los Angeles at the University of Southern California, the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism is a national leader in education and scholarship in the fields of communication, journalism, public diplomacy and public relations. With an enrollment of more than 2,200 students, USC Annenberg offers doctoral, master's and bachelor's degree programs, as well as continuing development programs for working professionals across a broad scope of academic inquiry. The school's comprehensive curriculum emphasizes the core skills of leadership, innovation, service and entrepreneurship and draws upon the resources of a networked university located in the media capital of the world. For additional information, see our website: https://annenberg.usc.edu/.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at [email protected]. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum educationMinimum Experience: 3 yearsMinimum Field of Expertise: Directly related professional experience in area of program specialization.