The IT arm of USC's Administrative Operation division has an opening for a Salesforce Developer.
This role will be responsible for participating in all phases of the development life-cycle of new and existing business applications and production systems support. The primary focus is on analysis, design, programming, testing, and migration from legacy SQL and ColdFusion applications to our existing enterprise Salesforce platform hosted by our IT Services.
Please note that this position is currently remote working Pacific time zone. The incumbent may be required to report to the office periodically per client needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance our software and applications
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Manage individual project requirements, priorities, and deliverable timelines effectively
- Participate in the full development life cycle, including requirements analysis and design
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Migrate existing environment to Salesforce.com
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Display leadership qualities and ability to take ownership and accountability of technical projects and processes
- Work without supervision; extensive latitude for independent judgment
- May assist less experienced peers
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Bachelor's degree, or combined work experience and education as equivalent
- 3+ years experience with Salesforce / Force.com technologies
- 5+ years of development experience with strong skills in analysis, development of Client/Server, and Web-Based Applications
- 5+ years experience in software development using at least one general-purpose programming language (such as PHP, Python, C#, VB.NET, etc.)
- 5+ years experience programming complex SQL, PL/SQL, SOQL, or similar syntactical language
- 5+ years experience in a senior level role or leading small to mid-sized projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to drive an issue to resolution
- Experience with self-directed learning
- Experience with systems analysis, design, and requirement gathering (3 years minimum)
- Experience using control version applications (Subversion, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting in a production environment
PREFERRED AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline
We pride ourselves on being a GREAT PLACE TO WORK, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families, including:
· Benefits: Health, dental, and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan contributions, and child care centers.
And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Please visit usc.edu for additional information.
· Perks: Discountsto USC sportingevents, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
· Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles, offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :Bachelor's degreeCombined work experience and education as equivalent3 years work experience PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline