DENTAL TECHNICIAN, General Dentistry Tracking Code22500127730112Job Description
We seek to hire a Dental Technician who is a specialist in Removable Dentures and responsible for all model construction, articulation and verification of mountings. The incumbent will instruct dental students about established methods of production of dental products, glaze and make repairs for porcelain crowns and provide back-up for Senior Dental Technicians in the Fixed lab.
- Improve in-house laboratory production.
- Reduce amount of outside laboratory works and shorten laboratory turnaround time.
- Work with internal stakeholders to proactively define problems and identify unmet needs.
- Scout the environment to identify technologies that can address those problems.
- Help in the development of the support structure and hands-on support for specific software packages, milling systems, 3D systems printers.
- Associates/Vocational/Technical Degree required.
- Applicant must be familiar with the analog methods of fabrication of these restorations using traditional methods such as the use of articulators, making models, dies, wax-ups and use of ovens for sintering, baking and glazing porcelain. Scan and design implant abutments for milling and send file.
- Must be able to communicate with students and instruct students on these methods of fabrication.
- Must be able to help students to self-assess their progress with use of the different fabrication methods.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular