PATIENT COORDINATOR, School of Dental Medicine, Dental Health Center Tracking Code21500305041022Job Description
The Patient Coordinator coordinates the daily desk operations in the dental clinic and provides excellent customer service to both the patients and students of BU Goldman School of Dental Medicine. The incumbent provides a positive student and patient experience, collects money, updates patient demographics, schedule student/patient appointments and closes out appointments.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care by: Requesting charts, conducting patient check in protocols, updating patient demographics and insurance information. Printing out necessary sign in sheets. Maintaining accurate patient record with correct student/covering information.
- Acts as telephone receptionist by: Screening messages and checking voicemail messages;transferring patients to appropriate departments if needed, answering questions within context of policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the day to day Clinical Operations by: Maintaining Clinic Appointment scheduler to ensure accuracy with correct faculty and chairs for daily booking. Assigns operatories/bays to students using data sources.
- Provide good, quality customer service by: Warmly greeting and helping all patient and students and directing them to appropriate services and resources.
High School Diploma or GED required
1-3 years of experience required
Individuals seeking employment with BU may be subject to the following suitability requirements. Failure to meet any of these requirements may result in ineligibility for employment:
- Criminal Background Check: To be completed in accordance with BU Public Safety guidelines and all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Basic Background Check: Includes, but is not limited to, verification of:
- Social Security Number;
- Academic history
- Past employment;
- Licenses and credentials, if applicable
- Sexual Offender Registry Information (SORI) check;
- documented proof of immunizations for:
- Two Measles, Mumps Rubella (MMR) - live vaccine or titers indicating immunity to Measles , Mumps and Rubella
- Three Hepatitis B - recombinant vaccine and a Hep B Surface Antibody titer indicating immunity or a signed declination for Hepatitis B Vaccine
- Two Varicella-zoster live-virus vaccine, or Varicella IGG AB titer indicating immunity
- TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis i.e. whooping cough) within last ten years
- Influenza vaccine or signed declination
- IGRA Tuberculosis blood test.
- Positive TST with Chest Xray and treatment information
- Medical Clearance Process: Medical Clearance Process: includes Occupational Health evaluation and immunization/titer level review. Must be eligible to receive required vaccinations as needed
- References: We require 2-3 professional references (no friends or family) with at least 1 previous supervisor.
Continued employment/ affiliation is contingent upon strict adherence, at all times, to all applicable safety and security rules, procedures, and protocols, as well as required training regimens.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular