RESEARCH SPECIALIST - Core Exam, School of Medicine, Framingham Heart Study Tracking Code22500545790209Job Description
The Research Specialist will actively participate in the evaluation of volunteer participants in the Framingham Heart Study (FHS.) Perform measurements such as ECG, anthropometry and venipuncture (training provided) on study participants and administer questionnaires. Review charts, keep logs, maintain protocol adherence, prepare reports and attend staff meetings. Provide clinical and administrative support to ensure quality and consistency of exam operations at FHS. Technician must have a friendly affect and be comfortable working with study participants.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in medical technology or health science fields
- 1-3 years’ experience, familiarity with medical terminology
- Position location: Framingham MA, no remote work
- Schedule is somewhat flexible, however will typically be Monday-Friday, 7:30am-3:30pm depending on the daily schedule. Very occasional Saturdays required (2 or 3 in Spring and 2 or 3 in Fall).
- May be required to conduct offsite examinations at participants homes.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular