INTEGRATION ARCHITECT III, IS&T Administrative Systems Tracking Code22500558990421Job Description
Reporting to the Associate Director of Integration, the Integration Architect III is an individual contributor role that will support initiatives on evolving and modernizing enterprise integration for Boston University's Integration Services & Technology (IS&T). This position is an experienced professional role that will collaborate on integration strategy with IS&T management and work with enterprise architecture to establish and execute processes and procedures. The role will support defining and delivering architectural artifacts related to integration and various critical university services. In addition, the role will evaluate, explore, and introduce modern technologies and industry standards and define common integration patterns and frameworks with a focus on reusable components. As an individual contributor role, the Integration Architect III will be expected to provide guidance and support to the integration development team and participate in operational support and maintenance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Five to eight years of relevant IT work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of data and application integration/middleware tools such as SnapLogic, Informatica, Webmethods, Tibco, SSIS, Mulesoft, MSMQ, IBM MQ etc.
- Advanced knowledge of EAI, SOA, ESB, Web Services, Messaging Services, API Management, and other related integration concepts.
- Advanced experience using technologies like SOAP, REST, Message Queues.
- Advanced experience with architecting and implementing synchronous, asynchronous, batch, near real-time batch and message-based integrations.
- Advanced experience with security consideration for integrating with internal and external/cloud systems with standards such as OpenID, oAuth and SAML.
- Advanced understanding of various non-functional aspects of integrations such as performance, reliability, scalability, availability, privacy, legal compliance, etc.
- Experience with hybrid (cloud/on premise) integration architecture patterns is highly desirable.
- Experience with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, and FEA is desirable.
- Experience with fundamental programming concepts, frameworks, languages, and technologies such as SQL, C#, .NET, Java, XML, and JSON.
- Database skills and experience manipulating databases and database objects; specifically with Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, AWS RDS.
- Experience with data analysis and profiling. Data governance experience a plus.
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting integration/ETL solutions using wide variety of data sources and targets.
- Knowledge of the Canonical Schema pattern and Operational Data Stores (ODS) / Integration Data Hubs.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing fundamentals; specifically, iPaaS, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS.
- Knowledge of Cloud Service Providers; specifically, Amazon Web Services and MicroSoft Azure.
- Experience estimating architecture and development effort and cost.
- Experience providing technical expertise and direction for the development of complex enterprise-wide IT solutions that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Experience working on multiple, complex projects as a project leader and a subject matter expert.
- Experience collaborating with business and technical colleagues on requirements, design, security, infrastructure, networking, QA, etc. topics.
- Highly process-oriented, with proven success in solving business challenges through the design and implementation of process.
- Advanced oral, written and presentation communications skills.
- Collaborative and supportive approach to working with numerous and diverse groups of people. Preferred/Desired
- Experience with agile development methodologies is highly desired.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field.
- Experience with and/or certifications in SnapLogic.
- Experience with ITIL for service management is desirable
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular