EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS & SERVICE,FMP Facilities Management & Planning Tracking Code21500476350723Job Description
The main purpose of this management position is to oversee and direct the daily activities with all maintenance trade related work, Custodial and Mail Services performed by both in-house staff, as well as contractors in an efficient and compliant manner. Manages and delegates work to 13 trade shops via direct supervision of 4 Directors 6 Trade managers, 1 Project Manager, 2 Assistant Directors. Provides guidance and expertise in the management of daily operations, budgets and project planning. Provides recommendations for improvement to the Assistant Vice President for Shared Services based on reports from staff and tours/evaluations of facility conditions.
- A. or B.S. or equivalent preferred degree in Engineering and/or Business with Construction and Administrative background.
- 7-10 years of strong Engineering/Trades background and related experience in construction or management responsibility in a large complex environment; strong supervisory and communication skills required. Should possess experience with union labor relations and legal and environmental aspects of trades/construction activities.
- E.P. or Engineering Experience. Construction and architectural knowledge or training helpful.
- Liaison with City and State building offices, requires knowledge of State and Local building codes.
- Memberships to BOMA, APPA SNAPPA or other relevant Professional Organizations.
- Construction Supervisor’s license helpful, computer skills, familiarity with computer aided drafting, facilities management, and accounting software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular