INDUSTRY RELATIONS MANAGER, Questrom School of Business, Feld Center for Industry Alliances Tracking Code22500141180317Job Description
As part of the Feld Center for Industry Alliances team, the Industry Relations Manager (IRM) stewards relationships with key employers within the Digital Tech/Analytics industry portfolio. The IRM works with existing employers and cultivates new employer relationships from leads furnished by business development staff for the purpose of enhancing and expanding recruiting programs for all Questrom students. The IRM also establishes strong relationships with BU staff, alumni, faculty, and student organizations in order to develop important networks and keep abreast of employer needs. This role plays a critical role in supporting student employment outcomes/metrics. Given the nature of the role, seasonal/occasional evening and weekend hours may be required, as well as occasional domestic and international travel.
Key goals are to:
A. Increase opportunities for students to interview with companies of interest by effectively marketing BU Questrom to targeted organizations.
B. Systematically conduct research to use in initiating activity that clearly identifies and meets and exceeds employer needs.
C. Share information, analysis, and ideas from the marketplace with fellow staff members for the purpose of better preparing students in their chosen career paths.
D. Serve as a continuing example of the professionalism, polish, and preparedness that recruiters, hiring managers, and alumni should expect from the Questrom community.
The Questrom School of Business believes that the cultural and social diversity of our faculty, staff, and students is vitally important to the distinction and excellence of our research and academic programs. To that, we are especially eager to have join our ranks a colleague who supports our institutional commitment to ensuring BU is inclusive, equitable, diverse, and a place where all constituents can thrive. The Questrom School of Business seeks to continue diversifying our faculty, student and staff ranks, recognizing that diversity of experience and thought deepens the intellectual endeavor.
- B.A. or B.S. or equivalent required.
- 5+ years related experience in executive search, corporate relations, development, or major account sales and marketing.
- Marketing and sales expertise.
- Familiarity with executive search, college placement, or university development.
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet targets.
- Excellent time management.
- Unquestionably high integrity.
- Knowledge of employment trends.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and sustaining professional networks.
- Ability to travel throughout the year: A portion of time spent on the road visiting existing recruiters for BU Questrom. Travel will focus on major metropolitan areas. Occasional trips may include other parts the United States and abroad.
This position is eligible for Boston University's generous benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, tuition remission, paid time off, and so much more!
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular