RESEARCH FELLOW, School of Social Work, Administration Tracking Code22500514790414Job Description
Boston University's School of Social Works (BUSSW) invites applications for a research fellow that supports various aspects of policy and evaluation research that focuses on early care and education, child welfare, and other issues related to poverty. The research fellow will be the data manager of the team and a key data analyst for the projects. The research fellow will also assist with multiple aspects of research including IRB review preparation, literature review, visual presentation of data, and manuscript writing. The research fellow will be supervised by and work closely with the research group.
A Master's degree in a relevant area of the study, including but not limited to social work, public policy, economics, or education, with plans to pursue a doctoral degree is strongly preferred. A student in advanced standing in a Master's program will also be considered.
Preferred candidates will have:
- 1-3 years of data analysis experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in computing and data management skills with large-scale datasets
- Experience with advanced statistical modeling and analysis
- Strong interest in social welfare policy, particularly focusing on children and families
- Excellent academic writing and verbal communication skills
- Project management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in the team setting Estimated Appointment The position is full-time, grant-funded, with an option to be fully remote. This is an annual position which can be extended. Competitive salary and benefits package.
To Apply All application materials submit to [email protected], with 1) the current CV, 2) one paragraph briefly describing research interests and prior and current experience working with data, and 3) contact information for two references. Review of applications will begin immediately, and position remains open until filled.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty, will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the Back2BU site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular