GROUNDSWORKER, FMP Facilities Management & Planning, Maintenance Services Tracking Code21500120280823Job Description
- Maintain appearance and conditions of lawn, plants, shrubs, trees and irrigation systems.
- Ability to perform duties and use equipment for snow removal.
- Ability to follow and complete work orders and preventative maintenance duties and provide updates on the work order status.
- Ability to work efficiently, productively, and with minimal supervision.
- Follow safety precautions with appropriate PPE; providing an environment for personal and public safety.
- Follow department policies.
- Maintain a clean work site and area that minimally interferes with University operations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of professional/commercial landscape construction experience.
- 3 years of experience of professional/commercial lawn maintenance experience.
- 3 years of professional/commercial irrigation experience, installing and troubleshooting.
- 3 years of professional/commercial snow removal experience including snow removal equipment, i.e. plows, snow blowers, etc.
- Must have and maintain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Must have and maintain a Mass Hoisting License, minimum 2B.
- Knowledge of planting, trimming and pruning using hand or power equipment.
- Operate heavy equipment and maintenance equipment, i.e. mowers, chainsaws, etc.
- Ability to lift heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors continuously.
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write fluently in the English language.
- Required to drive throughout the university to work areas by use of University vehicles.
- Knowledge of basic safety procedures.
- 2 years of experience performing commercial and/or residential fertilizing and spraying
- Knowledge of perennials.
- Massachusetts pesticide/herbicide application license.
This position is eligible for Boston University's generous benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, tuition remission, paid time off, and so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular