System AdministratorUnder the direction of the Sr. Associate Director of the Bursar's Office, the person in this position performs functions related to the development, integration, implementation, modification, and coordination of the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems used by the Bursar's Office. This position works on the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Ellucian Banner ERP System, other enterprise database software systems, and all interconnected technologies including, but not limited to, TouchNet, Argos Reporting, SalNet, IRIS, TDX, Ad Astra, UCollect and other systems utilized by the Bursar's Office to assist students and other departments. This position creates and runs reports, schedules and runs jobs, and aids in establishing and maintaining maintenance and fee rules. The incumbent works as a functional liaison between the department and IT programmers, considering the business implications of programming changes to the business environment. Position will work with all AR Modules to identify and implement automation and workflow enhancements for functional users. Responsibilities will include creating complex tuition and college/course fee assessment rules; creating complex and timely student billing processes including all outbound electronic billing communications. The Systems Administrator is responsible for the programming and testing of the information included on the required Internal Revenue Service 1098-T form. The position will maintain security and the integrity of the office operating systems. Provides an advanced level of analysis and problem resolution for office staff, students, authorized users regarding systems issues and information processing. Position will supervise a technical position that troubleshoots and repairs computer hardware, software and printers as well overseeing the transfer of funds to our banking institutions. Responsible for the assessment, testing, collection distribution and reporting of all tuition and fees, room and board and other student fee related charges which are determined by the University Board of Trustees, Chancellor, and President. Maintenance of all the fee tables includes programming and testing in all Banner (the student information system) environments (Development, Preproduction, and Production). Design, create, and run reports and queries.
- Supervise and maintain the duties of the System Analysts which provides technology support, data management, and financial support for the Office of the Bursar.
- Assessment of fees including the Board of Trustees approved academic fees, course fees, and special program fees. Communicate the fee structure with other campus departments.
- Audit fees. Maintain fee tables-making certain fees are programmed and assessed correctly in the University's Student Information System.
- Maintain a solid understanding of how all programs work, the parameters that drive them, sensitivity to the timing and sequence of their execution with attention to detail. Insure jobs are running with the correct frequency and that parameters are correctly changed at the appropriate times.
- Examine and modify complex fee assessment rules to meet the University's expansion through various initiatives. Ensure accurate and timely billing of all students, including the billing schedule, posting of charges and credits from other University departments.
- Office liaison with OIT AR Technical Team, Third Party Software Technical teams as well as internal working teams who are trying to implement new initiatives that require a change in our AR operations; fee assessment, billing, terms etc.
- Manages the Banner Application process, including pending roster reviews and resolution of all unapplied payments
- Manages Banner Accounts Receivable Security requests including account creations and system setup.
- Coordinates daily functions within the Banner AR module; identifies enhancement opportunities and works with OIT on implementing; creates ad hoc reports as needed; performs programs and system testing in two environments when identifying changes in AR operations.
- Coordinate all aspects of the federal 1098-T tax reporting process.
- Performs or assists with daily Banner AR to Finance reconciliation.
- Coordinates outgoing electronic communications via mass email program to students through the TouchNet B+Payment Suite.
- Assist Student AR in the technical implementation and maintenance of software products including banking products, e-commerce solutions, and collection software.
- Identify issues relevant to US department of Education regulations and the impact on policies, procedures, and systems, and work to implement necessary changes to ensure compliance. Provide sectional updates in meetings.
- Schedule and maintain the calendar of statement runs. Verify statement data is correct. Work with departments on statement information.
- Schedule statement runs and due dates for the University Bursar. Develop and implement plans brought about by new endeavors (FERPA, new fees, new state and federal regulations, Theft Prevention Program; Federal Trade Commission Red Flag Rules).
- Test system upgrades in 3 different environments. Testing must pass in 2 environments before the final environment is updated.
- Position is responsible for the reconciliation of major accounts, for exporting financial files for disbursement to students, verifying e-check payment files, credit card payment files and processing the direct deposit file for student refunds, resolve discrepancies and maintain supporting documentation.
- Position troubleshoots and repairs computer hardware, software and printers and provides set up and installation of all computers and other technical equipment. Monitor the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Policies and ascertain compliance.
- Ensure compliance issues for disbursement of financial aid including University, state, and federal regulations.
- Oversee and maintain Banner documentation including detail codes and security access.
- Attend Banner meetings and follow up, part of the Implementation team and Training Team. Recommend policy changes. Update and distribute all the Bursa's Office publications.
- Conduct research on issues relating to the Bursar's Office for policy changes, implementation changes and service practices.
- Conduct analysis of the student cancellation process making sure all cancellation materials are up to date, cancellation dates are in University publications and websites
- Provide other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-faceted profession.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Considerable knowledge of state and federal rules and regulations pertaining to the disbursement of student financial aid.
- Knowledge of University policies and office procedures.
- Knowledge of University software (IRIS, Banner, Argos, TouchNet, UC-4, TDX Ticketing System)
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate account information to students and parents.
- Ability to learn new concepts and make decisions under pressure
- Ability to research and resolve complex customer service issues
- Ability to communicate policy and procedures concerning the assessment of fees to the University departments
- Ability to preform job duties and assignments with little or no supervision.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge in Accounts Receivable Ellucian Banner ERP System
- Knowledge in TouchNet Modules
- Knowledge in Argos and SQL
Required Level of Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related Business degree such as Management Information Systems.
- Proven customer service skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Atleast 3 years of directly related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Preferred Level of Experience
- Knowledge of Banner Accounts Receivable
Information Technology ProfessionalPrimary Location:
Apr 20, 2022, 3:50:46 PM