UCSD Layoff from Career Appointment: Apply by 4/26/2022 for consideration with preference for rehire. All layoff applicants should contact their Employment Advisor.
Special Selection Applicants: Apply by 5/5/2022. Eligible Special Selection clients should contact their Disability Counselor for assistance.
UC San Diego current employees who apply by 4/28/2022 will have priority consideration for this position. Recruiters will refer qualified internal candidates after the first 7 days of the job posting. All qualified external applicants and additional internal applicants who apply after the priority date may have further consideration pending the results of the initial review.
Provide technical, patient care and clerical support to technologists/radiologists by scheduling procedures, processing radiographs, transporting patients/preparing for radiographic procedures, preparing radiographs for interpretation, downloading outside CD's into the Picture Archival Computer system (PACS), operates film digitization equipment, CD burners, document scanners and similar accessories. Demonstrates knowledge of computers and new technology such as the PACS, Computerized Radiography (CR), and Digital Radiographs (DR). Proven knowledge of various imaging procedures to prepare patients and equipment.
Contributes to the cost containment of maintaining established par levels with film orders, office supplies, forms, linen and other medical supplies. Contributes to and participates in work organization and scheduling selection, training and evaluation of staff as a member of a work team. Participates in cross training to obtain seamless operations within the Imaging Department. Working knowledge of Radiology Information Systems (RIS), Hospital Information System (HIS), computers an medical terminology preferred.
- Experience working in a hospital radiology department setting.
- Working knowledge of Radiology Information System (RIS) and Hospital Information System (HIS).
- Medical terminology.
- Customer Service experience
- This is an on as needed basis. Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which may include day, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and some overtime, if necessary for unexpected staffing issues.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.