Job no: 521512
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Health Profession, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29300100 - MD-CANCER CTR GENRL OPERATIONS
Classification Title:Clinical Research Coordinator IIJob Description:
As a Clinical-Community Navigator at the UF Health Cancer Center (UFHCC), you will coordinate with community-academic project teams, local UF faculty, and health care providers who develop initiatives and provide health education related to reduction of cancer burden. On behalf of the UFHCC Office of Community Outreach and Engagement, the CCN will liaise with other UFHCC units, Leadership, and other stakeholders and partners across the University and Health System.
In your new role you will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborating with clinical teams working in the community to attend screening activities to include participation in events, mobile outreach clinic days and others with a focus on following-up with those who were screened to encourage them to engage in the screening continuum.
- Explaining research protocols to participants, responding to patient inquiries regarding protocol, scheduling patient participation, ensuring compliance with research protocols, and informing referring physicians of protocol requirements.
- Assisting community partners in program development and event planning aimed at promotion of health behaviors and reduction of the cancer burden among underserved populations.
- Traveling to county extension offices to assist agents and prepare participants for telehealth visits by discussing the purpose of the visit and helping formulate questions for the clinician. You will also utilize remote exam tools and systems located in extension offices to help address patient healthcare connectivity.
- Collecting and disseminating pertinent health information back to providers, clinics, and community partners participating in project initiatives as directed.
This is an experienced, professional level position, ideal for candidates with established careers in community outreach and engagement and/or community health support. A complete job description will be provided to candidates selected for interview.
This position will be based in Tallahassee, FL.
$51,000 - $58,000; Commensurate with Education and Experience.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Florida Issued Class E Driver’s License
Preferred Education and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in health sciences, health administration, public health, health planning, or related field.
- Three years of experience in a similar program role in a complex academic/research environment.
- Relevant experience in public health programming, health education, or community-based nursing.
- Certified Phlebotomist OR willingness to obtain phlebotomy training.
- Spanish language proficiency is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and group communication skills. Able to encourage, motivate, and advocate for eligible individuals throughout the initiative. Ability to give presentations about health data, screening procedures, and clinical follow-up.
- Experience with diverse ethnic, socio-economic and educational populations in terms of taking health and social histories, preparing individuals for discussions with their physicians and recruiting participants for research.
- Comfortable conducting community/field visits, obtaining clinical information such as taking blood pressures and blood samples, and providing health information in clinical and community settings.
- Consistent access to reliable internet access, able to use technology to conduct meetings (Zoom), and be adept at social media on the web and on mobile devices
- Expert proficiency in all MS Office applications. Experience with project management software a plus.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, anticipate and identify conflicts, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated appreciation and ease of working in a culturally diverse organization.
- Proven ability to work well in a demanding, fast-paced deadline-driven work atmosphere with the ability to assess the environment and adjust plans according to situation.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills with internal and external stakeholders to strategically plan and deliver assigned projects.
- Demonstrated work ethic and professional practice based on developing and maintaining collaborative, positive and effective working relationships across multiple functional groups
- Highly collaborative and energetic work style with the proven ability to partner with diverse groups to achieve intended outcomes.
- Demonstrated integrity, dependability, sound judgment, teamwork and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive and effective working relationships with multiple internal and external partners.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Applicants must upload a copy of the following documents to be considered for this position:Cover Letter or Letter of InterestCurriculum Vitae or ResumeList of Three Professional References
This position requires a valid Florida issued class E driver’s license.
This is a time limited position.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:No.
Advertised: 31 May 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 Jun 2022 Eastern Daylight Time