: Veteran AffairsLocations:
: Niceville, FLPosted:
: Apr 21, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Northwest Florida State College:
In over 50 years of service, Northwest Florida State College has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. As part of Florida's public system of 28 state and community colleges, NWF State College offers bachelor's degree programs, associate degrees, and certificates.
If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources before the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Executive Director. NWF State College prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, genetic information, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age in any of its programs, services, or activities. Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans for Career Service positions. NWF State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institution and a Drug Free Workplace.
- Provide leadership and administrative oversight to the Veteran and Military Success Center.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal requirements for the administration of Veteran and Military benefits to include submission of catalog, program updates, and submission of 85/15 report.
- Serve as portal administrator for all military branches to ensure accurate and timely submission of all report needs, including service member grades, degrees, courses and programs, catalog updates, and base access requests for MyCAA and Tuition Assistance (TA).
- Provide all military-affiliated students and prospective students with sound, professional enrollment and academic advice following guidelines determined by the administration and academic leadership, and maintain superior knowledge of all academic programs and business practices related to the admissions and enrollment processes.
- Review and interpret academic records and degree plans for course placement and academic advising, and maintain accurate records regarding interactions with students.
- Provides exceptional customer services for students, employees, and the public; responds to inquiries concerning VA eligibility; ensures students understand all policies and procedures related to their aid records.
- Serve as primary college liaison to Hurlburt Field.
- Supervise office staff, including Hurlburt Field staff and Student Veteran work-study students within the Veteran and Military Success Center.
- Manage facility, department budget, and overall office operations.
- Processes certification for VA benefits according to federal guidelines and regulations; performs needed analysis calculations to determine eligibility requirements that satisfy all federal, state, and institutional laws; determines award amount adjustments, changes, or corrections as needed to student VA accounts.
- Collaborate with internal supporting departments (Business Office, Academic Records & Enrollment) and external agencies to support military student retention and completion.
- Remain abreast of current VA and military training opportunities to benefit students, eligible family memebers, and NWF State College.
- As part of the college's risk management tool, annual mandatory compliance training is required.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- College paid health insurance for employee, dependent coverage at employee's expense
- College paid basic life insurance for employee, additional coverage for employee and/or dependents at employee's expense
- College paid retirement with 3% employee contribution to the Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Optional dental and vision insurance at employee's expense
- Sick and Annual (Vacation) Leave accrual
- Time off for designated holidays, winter break, and spring break
- 37.5 hour work week
- Flexible summer hours available
- Free tickets to designated Mattie Kelly and Raider Athletic events
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Five years or more related experience and/or training preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with VA-Once preferred.
- Knowledge of higher education processes and FERPA preferred.
- Previous Military experience preferred.
Classification: Administrate I
Location: Niceville Campus
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
All sections of the application must be completed.
In addition to the application, please submit ALL of the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position.
*After submitting your resume, the following page will allow you to upload additional documents. The maximum allowable size for uploading documents is 10 MB. Documents exceeding 10 MB must be scanned at a lower resolution or divided into separate documents to reduce file size.