: Natural SciencesLocations:
: Niceville, FLPosted:
: Apr 21, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Northwest Florida State College:
In over 50 years of service, Northwest Florida State College has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. As part of Florida's public system of 28 state and community colleges, NWF State College offers bachelor's degree programs, associate degrees, and certificates.
If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources before the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Executive Director. NWF State College prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, genetic information, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age in any of its programs, services, or activities. Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans for Career Service positions. NWF State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institution and a Drug Free Workplace.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide classroom instruction in Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, and other courses in the biological sciences as needed.
- Fulfill contractional obligations for full instructional load during fall and spring semesters.
- Provide excellence in instruction within the Natural Sciences Department for undergraduate students, including online courses.
- Assist in development and evaluation of curriculum as appropriate.
- Utilize approved textbook(s) and/or other instructional materials as approved.
- Collaborate with administration, faculty, and staff to ensure student success.
- Provide student guidance and support.
- Serve as Student Learning Outcomes Resource faculty co-lead.
- Assigned Learning Commons Natural Sciences duties as Other Professional Activities prior to the start of each term.
- Engage in institutional service, professional development, and other duties as assigned.
- Complete annual mandatory compliance training.
- Assignments may be made at any locations within the service territory and may require physical presence
- College paid health insurance for employee, dependent coverage at employee's expense
- College paid basic life insurance for employee, additional coverage for employee and/or dependents at employee's expense
- College paid retirement with 3% employee contribution to the Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Optional dental and vision insurance at employee's expense
- Sick Leave accrual
- Time off for designated holidays, winter break, and spring break
- Free tickets to designated Mattie Kelly Arts Center and Raider Athletic events
- Master's degree in Microbiology, Virology, or master's degree in another biological science or closely-related field with 18 graduate hours in Microbiology, Virology, biological science, or closely-related field.
- Proficiency with teaching technologies, including lecture-capture software (e.g., Camtasia or Kaltura).
- Demonstrated evidence of professional development growth through participation in continuing education and other related activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An earned doctorate in Microbiology, Virology or closely-related field with 18 graduate hours in Microbiology, Virology, or a closely-related field preferred.
- Post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success with online teaching preferred.
Classification: 12-Month Faculty
Location: Niceville Campus
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Review of Applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
All sections of the application must be completed.
In addition to the application, please submit ALL of the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position and your educational philosophy.
- Copies of unofficial transcripts.
*After submitting your resume, the following page will allow you to upload additional documents. The maximum allowable size for uploading documents is 10 MB. Documents exceeding 10 MB must be scanned at a lower resolution or divided into separate documents to reduce file size.