Department of Health & Human Performance - Adjunct for DanceAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Health & Human PerformanceProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
The Department of Health & Human Performance at Texas A&M University-Commerce seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for part-time adjunct faculty appointments in the area of Dance. The appointments are for one semester and positions are open until filled; the appointment can be renewed as dictated by student demands and departmental needs.
The applicant should be familiar with the techniques of Ballet, Jazz, and Contemporary dance so that they can instruct dance designed for health, music and theater performance majors and others who are interested in dance. Knowledge of creative movement and improvisation to help explore elements of time, space, and force is required.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to the promotion of diversity and knowledge of, respect for, and the ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidates should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional references with complete contact information.
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach up to seven semester credit hours (up to two (2) courses) within the required discipline. Instruction may be delivered on-campus, off-campus, or online and may be during the day and/or evening as dictated by student demand and departmental needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the field is required to teach undergraduate courses OR a terminal degree in the field of study or closely related is required to teach graduate courses.
- Knowledge / Skills: Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials.
- College or University teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Online or hybrid teaching experience.
- Secondary teaching expertise in other Health and Human Performance areas (e.g. pedagogy, programming, health).
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.