Job Code and Payroll Title
009314 CLIN SOCIAL WORKER 2
• In collaboration with the interdisciplinary team facilitates a smooth and timely discharge
• Maintains current and accurate database of continuing care resources
• Interface daily with Utilization Management staff regarding levels of care and discharge status
• Meets with patients and collaborates with treatment team, family and outside providers to identify discharge planning options, e.g., placement, follow-up appointments, transportation, etc.
• Makes referrals to the next levels of care
• Interfaces with Treatment Team (MD, RN, OT, CSW, Pharm) regarding discharge date and any barriers
• Collaborates with CSW regarding pertinent discharge issues
• Coordinates and communicates discharge plans to the patient and all involved in their care
• Ensures timely, complete, and quality documentation
Psychiatric Discharge Social Worker
Appointment End Date
University Professional and Technical Employees - Health Care Professionals Unit (UPTE-HX)
Administrative Support, Professional (Non-Clinical), Support Services, Temporary Employment
Temporary Employment Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
UCSF's Temporary Employment Program (TEP) recruits and hires temporary employees for immediate clerical and technical support services to UCSF Departments and various off-campus locations. UCSF departments deploy temporary employees to work on special projects, fill in for regular employees who are on vacation or leave, or to temporarily fill a vacant position during recruitment. Frequently temporary employees become successful candidates for career and limited appointment positions.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.