Job Code and Payroll Title
004723 BLANK AST 2 Job Summary
The Assistant provides administrative support for our department in finance and operations, program coordination and logistics, marketing and communications, and scheduling. Working under the supervision of a Senior Manager, this individual:
- Supports finances and operations by ordering materials and supplies, processing scopes of work and reimbursements, following up with vendors to ensure timely payment, and managing logistics for events, including reserving space for events, ordering food, sending invitations, and managing day-of logistics resulting in efficient and effective operations across Healthforce.
- Supports coordination and logistics of Healthforce programs by communicating with vendors, participants and stakeholders about logistics, finances, and other programmatic requirements; providing meeting assistance (including scheduling, travel logistics, ordering and maintaining supplies/equipment, and creating event collateral); processing and tracking program-related information, including finances, applications, attendance, evaluations, assessments, etc.; resulting in effective and efficient administration of our programs and events.
- Supports marketing and communications by updating website content, formatting newsletters, conducting image searches, and managing social media and email accounts that showcases our work in a clear and professional manner for our programs, services and Healthforce as a department.
- Manages Healthforce Director’s calendar by promptly responding to requests for meetings, and following up with calendar invites to schedule, resulting in timely, accurate scheduling with internal and external stakeholders. Also provides material preparation and other administrative support for the Director.
Administrative AssistantEmployee Class
8 Hours Shift
DaysAdditional Shift Details
Monday - Friday between 7:30am and 6pm PSTBargaining Unit
Teamsters Local 2010 - Clerical and Allied Services Unit (CX) Job Category
Administrative SupportRequired Qualifications
- High school graduation and three years of related administrative experience such as meeting or administrative assistant or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer services skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient at using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to travel and attend offsite meetings on weekdays and weekends, up to 5-days duration, 5 or more times per year (up to 25 days total per year)
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of meeting or administrative assistant experience or equivalent training and experience
- Work experience in a service industry such as hospitality, health care, education or related field
- Demonstrated accountability, creativity, flexibility, initiative, and problem-solving orientation
- Have interest in the people of healthcare – mission of Healthforce Center
Full TimeDepartment Name
Healthforce Center at UCSFEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Department Description
Healthforce Center at UCSF is your resource for everything connected to the people of health care — and their champions. We are uniquely positioned to connect diverse individuals and sectors and generate a collective force for health, equity, and action. We bolster the strength of that force (which is the strength of all of you) through our areas of work: Research in action Consulting and evaluation Programs that build leadership and resilience Connections across sectors All with a focus on equity Healthforce Center offers our services to support a variety of clients explore new issue areas, assess their options for action, and address issues in a meaningful way.About UCSF
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Mission Bay (SF)