Job Code and Payroll Title
004171 AMBUL CARE ADMSTN SUPV 2
Involves the administrative services and operations for health care clinics or centers, in accordance with
federal, local, and internal standards, policies, and regulations. Typically includes operations, fiscal
management, program planning, and / or external marketing activities. Management levels may include
oversight of clinical patient care.
Reports into the FPO Ambulatory Capacity Manager. the Supervisor, Ambulatory Capacity Management, is
responsible for the effective supervision of assigned employees for the centralized template team.
Serves in a supervisory role to help the Ambulatory Capacity Manager oversee the design, monitoring and
maintenance of ambulatory scheduling templates across the FPO. Ensures patient-centric access services
are delivered smoothly, efficiently, and in a timely manner. The Supervisor collaborates with the Ambulatory
Capacity Manager and Template Maintenance Team to identify and proactively mitigate issues which
create barriers to ambulatory access and patient flow.
The position assists with the staff management and general operations of the capacity management
department. Scope includes template design and management for provider schedules, continuous
alignment of ambulatory capacity to meet patient demand and oversight of capacity-related system
configuration. Creates and maintains a goal-oriented climate of cross-team collaboration for effective
problem solving, conflict resolution, support for organizational values and standard work.
Ambulatory Capacity Supervisor
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Supervisory / Management
• Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
• Minimum of three (3) years supervisory and/or management experience in a healthcare setting.
• Proficient understanding and demonstrated use of Epic Template Management and Cadence scheduling configurations.
• EPIC Cadence Scheduling Application proficient
• Demonstrated supervisory and organizational skills to effectively supervise staff and to manage the complex workflow and multiple priorities involved with Ambulatory Capacity Management.
• Proven ability to organize, manage multiple priorities, and delegate work functions efficiently. Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise a team. Strong knowledge of practice operations, patient-scheduling systems, medical and insurance terminology, applicable information systems, patient service standards, and regulatory requirement and best practices.
• Demonstrated managerial skills and Strong knowledge of human resources management policies, with the ability to train, monitor, evaluate, and document human resources issues and performance, and to participate in decision-making on human resources matters.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to quickly analyze problems, determine appropriate level of intervention, and develop and apply effective solutions.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills to convey complex information, instructions, and guidelines in a clear, concise, and specific manner, and to influence and persuade staff. Strong interpersonal skills for effective collaborations with all levels of management and staff, with the ability to collaborate productively with IT professionals, clinicians, customers, staff and vendors to promote optimal functionality and integration of systems.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to train and mentor subordinates, to convey complex administrative, clinical, and technical information in a clear and concise manner, and to prepare and present a variety of reports, documentation, analyses, and project proposals.
• Strong knowledge of clinical applications operations, including methods, concepts, policies, procedures, programming, development, deployment, testing, training, troubleshooting, operating systems, medical terminology, and clinical workflows and processes.
• Thorough knowledge of patient access related metrics and the ability to leverage analytics and synthesize data.
• EPIC Cadence Scheduling Application Certified or willing to obtain certification within 12 months of hire
• EPIC Cadence Scheduling Application proficient
Ambulatory Capacity Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
The UCSF Faculty Practice Organization (FPO) is made of up of more than 2,500 clinicians across multiple
campuses and satellite clinics. The UCSF Patient Care Access team supports the organization’s goal to be
the #1 Health System in Northern California in health care value, patient experience, and employee
engagement by ensuring our ambulatory clinics provide timely access to care for our patients. We strive to
provide care when, where and how our patients need it. The team works closely with practices to support
improvement efforts and with various departments across the organization (e.g. marketing, IT) to set
strategic goals and develop innovative patient care access solutions.
The Ambulatory Capacity Management team supports Patient Care Access by designing, building, and
managing the scheduling templates of physicians and advanced practice providers. The team provides a
high level of customer service to ambulatory clinic physicians and administrators. Responsibilities include
adherence to scheduling template design best practices, execution of service level agreements, alignment
with UCSF Clinical Systems change control policies, and support of Patient Access capacity objectives.
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.