The Point Loma Nazarene University community is, and intends to be, a decidedly Christian community, as exhibited by our shared beliefs, corporate practices, and Christlike character.JOB SUMMARY
Working as part of a larger support team, this position is a first point of contact for the troubleshooting of technology related support requests for the University and is primarily responsible for oversight and quality control of Help Center student employees throughout their shifts.JOB STATUS
- Provide primary support at the Help Center on a rotational schedule
- Oversee and provide real-time quality control of Help Center student employees
- Assist in the training of student employees
- Maintain Help Center policies and procedures
- Responsible for knowledge base creation/upkeep and proactive customer outreach
- Identify, recommend, am implement process improvements steps and automation
- Work as a part of a larger team of support personnel
- Present a positive disposition and maintains constructive interpersonal relationships with customers
- Establish and maintain an environment conducive to team building and cross-team communications
- Maintain high standards of customer service for phone, email, and walk-in requests
- Display courtesy and sensitivity while handling difficult or emotional situations with customers
- Consistently meet operational level agreements to ensure successful escalation of calls
- Ensure the application of established University and ITS policies
- Additional duties as assigned
- One year of information technology experience required
- Experience in customer service and/or technical service desk environment required
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly, and technical language
- Applicant must display a willingness to make decisions, as well as exhibit sound judgment
- Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot various hardware and software
- Excellent ability to analyze and solve problems
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows and Apple OS
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Google apps
- Understanding of and commitment to the spiritual mission of the University
- Job offer is contingent on clear background check
- The work is primarily sedentary and may require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Use of computer equipment: computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor.
- Effective verbal communications skill allowing effective communication with others in person, in writing, and by phone.
- Standing, stooping, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 15 lbs throughout the day.
Benefits include health, dental, tuition benefits for employee and dependents, competitive retirement matching, vacation and sick time, and 15 paid holidays per year. In addition, we have many opportunities to engage with our community including staff chapel, monthly lunches and a robust wellness program.
***Point Loma Nazarene University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices or procedures. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide quality educational and employment opportunities, PLNU actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education.