Call Center SchedulerPosition Status:
Patient Care Center-Pomona, CADepartment:
1313-Patient Care Center - PCCJob Summary:
Coordinate all appointment scheduling activities and insure all telephone calls are adequately screened, transferred; messages are accurately taken and delivered for the assigned service under the direction of the Director of Operations. Also responsible for registration and insurance (eligibility) authorization (HMO/PPO) function to insure payment of services provided by the Family Medicine Department, OMM, PMR, Pediatrics and Specialty Providers.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Individuals must possess the knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities or be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.Required Qualifications:
1. Knowledge of basic clerical and communication principles generally acquired through a high school education
2. Knowledge of medical terminology
3. Computer and typing skills.
4. Excellent customer/patient satisfaction skills including the ability to display courtesy and consideration to patients, guests, providers, students, residents, and staff.
5. Knowledgeable in Insurances.
6. Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner in compliance with company safety policies and according to applicable regulations; which includes maintaining a neat work station and environment.
7. Knowledge of confidentiality standards and the ability to maintain confidentiality of all records and information which pertains to patients, providers, employees, the organization and in related interests.
1. High School Diploma or GED requiredPreferred Qualifications:
2. Excellent telephone and customer service etiquette.
1. 1. Bilingual preferred-Spanish Speaking.List comments regarding work hours:
2. 1-2 years of patient registration and eligibility skills in a medical setting.
3. Experience with Electronic Medical Record
Work hours are typically 8:00am-5:00pm.Posting Date:
04/22/2022Open Until Filled:
1) Answers patient appointment telephone calls with responsibility for full registration of new patient scheduled at the Pomona Medical Centers and Foot and Ankle Center.Percentage Of Time:
a) Schedule new/established patient appointments from referring physician offices and patient requests. Ensure that all required information is accurately documented and entered in computer system.
b) Review status of insurance, verify and update information for both new and established patients. Coordinate with patient and physician/providers as needed to obtain necessary authorizations for procedures to include and managed care patients. Document name(s) and date(s) of contacts made for each authorization. Input authorization approval in computer system as approval is obtained.
c) Place all calls for the providers when requested.
d) Update, monitor, audit and revise all patient appointment with provider’s schedules as needed ensuring accuracy and thoroughness.
e) Interface with the Electronic Medical Record system for patient scheduling
f) Screen all Center related calls to the provider of assigned service in order to effectively refer calls. Notify providers of patient calls via EHR messaging system. This requires knowledge of the situation and appropriate screening procedures to follow.
2) Provide front office staff coverage (patient insurance eligibility verification, scheduling return appointments, phone messages and checking-in, collecting payments, verifying address and phone number, emergency contact and provide patients with the appropriate forms to complete)Percentage Of Time:
3) Perform special projects or other related work as required or requested.Percentage Of Time:
4) Assist with Back office duties if neededPercentage Of Time:
2Do the essential functions of this job require lifting?:
YesIf yes, list maximum weight and duration:
WesternU Policy requires persons employed by the University to provide proof of vaccination against the SARS-CoV2 (COVID-19), subject to limited exemptions, regardless of whether the employee is on-site or working authorized to work remotely. Exempted employees, or those whose status of full vaccination is pending, will be required to submit to regular COVID-19 testing for in-person/on-campus work assignments. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to operate a PC in the performance of job duties, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit, and reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.Describe Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a typical office setting. The noise level in this setting is typically low to moderate. Duties are routinely performed in an environmentally controlled interior healthcare office. Work environment may involve exposure to potentially dangerous materials, e.g., blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, toxic substances, and ionizing radiation. Clinical environments require compliance with safety precautions, OSHA Blood borne pathogen training, and may include the use of certain personal protective equipment.