About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally diverse institution providing quality education and research in aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South America.
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security, and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is seeking a Director of Procurement. Located at the Daytona Beach campus, this position supports procurement activities for the Daytona Beach, Prescott, and Worldwide campus locations. Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance and Budget, the Director of Procurement will plan, direct and manage all procurement and administrative activities related to the purchasing and contracting of materials, equipment, and services on a competitive basis, including operational budget oversight.
- Review, approve and execute purchasing documents as well as processing the overflow purchase requisitions on a daily basis.
- Provide guidance on policy and procedures (APPMs) to departments and end users.
- Draft, submit, review and award both simple quotes and complex RFPs, ITNs and RFIs as needed. Evaluate vendors and bids for the purpose of determining their capability to meet the requirements of the University. Conduct negotiations when necessary.
- Provide guidance and leadership to cross-functional teams on the campus when assisting with complex bids, projects, and their oversight.
- Facilitate meetings, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of identifying issues, developing recommendations and finding better ways to serve the customer.
- Manage long-range purchase planning processes with focus on simplification and standardization.
- Use process assessment findings or identified improvement opportunities and work to solve problems and implement cross-functional solutions.
- Attend required meetings regarding Oracle/Workday systems and provide customer trouble shooting.
- Examine spend analytics data to determine where savings can be realized.
- Provide feedback and guidance on policy changes. Examine how policy changes impact both the current processes and the procurement customers.
- Manage five procurement staff members and mentor with the intent of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity and achieving objectives within budget. Assist the staff in adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities and unexpected events. Encourage the team to be open to new ideas and approaches to work, and to accept responsibility and ownership of decisions while fostering an atmosphere of teamwork and unity.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management or similar, a plus
- 5 years of experience in procurement or strategic sourcing required, including supervisory responsibility
- Proficiency with e-procurement systems required (Oracle EBS or Workday experience preferred)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) designation from the Institute of Supply Management (ISM) preferred
- Higher Education purchasing sector experience preferred