Office Assistant VIJob Summary:
Under the general guidance of the Senior Manager of Administrative Services, this position is the Lead for the Facilities Management Customer Service Center, responsible for Front Office administrative operations and functions.Full Job Description:
- Administer front office customer service operations and functions.
- Oversee and maintain the Facilities Management Work Order database system, assuring data accuracy, clarity and timely work order close-outs.
- Receive and coordinate service requests and work order inquiries from the University Community with polite, courteous, and professional attention.
- Perform moderately complex to difficult tasks within several administrative functions.
- Evaluate and prioritize service requests.
- Assure that service requests are appropriately entered into the Facilities Management work order database.
- Dispatch high priority work with appropriate urgency.
- Receive and research work order complaints and coordinate appropriate Facilities response.
- Gather and consolidate information from databases for periodic reports.
- Evaluate and analyze data, providing reports and summaries as needed.
- Engage in contributing to system software updates and general office procedures, workflows and protocols.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies. This includes handling of sensitive information, prioritization and triage of actionable items.
- Provide guidance and interpretation on Facilities policies and procedures.
- Maintains or supervises the maintenance of a variety of office files, records and archives.
- Manages, hires, and trains several student assistants, including management of work and time schedules, with timely approval of student timesheets by approval deadlines.
- Trains and directs the work of junior level staff, evaluating work for accuracy.
- Understands, develops and fosters positive work relationships between Facilities Management and other University departments and stakeholders. Uses this knowledge in the execution of responsibilities.
- Develops contacts inside and outside the university and works with contacts to ensure efficient process workflow.
- Plans and carries out the work and handles problems and deviations in accordance with established instructions and procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive interaction between Facilities Management and stakeholders from University departments.
- Assume coverage of the Front Office in assistance to or in the absence of the Facilities Management Program Assistant III.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Post high school education preferred
- Training or experience equivalent to four years of increasingly responsible work experience or related education, preferably in a higher education or business setting
- Ability to delegate, train and motivate students and junior level staff.
- Must be customer service and team oriented.
- Demonstrate familiarity or ability to learn and interpret policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle diverse situations and meet demanding deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and functions.
- Advanced experience working with computer database systems, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Proficient knowledge of desktop software, including ability to word process with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain consistent, positive communications and work relationships between the department and customers with tact, discretion and courtesy. (USF community stakeholders such as faculty, students, staff, academic community and the public)
- Contribute to professional environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility and ability to readily adapt to change
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a multitude of detail.
Full timePay Rate: