The HRIS Analyst is responsible for the administration and coordination of the Human Resources Information System. Ensures data integrity, implements system changes and upgrades, architect’s role security and coordinates business-role architecture, writes reports, develops and implements HRIS projects. Acts as a functional steward of Human Resource Information System data. Works collaboratively to ensure a high level of data integrity.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.Job Description
Typically duties include but not limited to:
- Configures, develops, and maintains the HRIS data, services platform, applications, and other systems used to manage human resources processes.
- Manages projects and process improvements including data design and collection, development of specifications and testing criteria, and project implementation.
- Collaborates with the Human Resources management team to manage data operations, including but not limited to, records management, compensation implementation, and process documentation.
- Collaborates across departments to facilitate and improve daily operation of digital workflows housed in HRIS systems. Recommends process improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes to enhance service delivery and data integrity.
- Serves as liaison to campus ITS to test, maintain, and support HRIS applications, such as Workday.
- Generates queries and reports utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in development of standard and ad-hoc reports to support customer needs. Supports data integrity by running queries and analyzing data.
- Prepares and maintains HRIS systems and applications procedures, guidelines, and other documentation. Assists with user training.
- Supports upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
- Develops and documents a formal plan for carrying out each assigned project using appropriate planning methods and experimental design and testing.
- Creates clear and efficient workflows for data management and movement across the organization.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in Human Resources Information Systems with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies.
- Provides information and data/statistics used in the analysis and evaluation of the performance of information systems.
- Communicates changes in system functionality to department faculty and staff in a prompt and effective manner.
Additional Job Description
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- May supervise system support staff and departmental student assistants.
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field.
- Three years of related full-time professional experience with functional management of an enterprise Human Resources Information System.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience writing and developing complex routine and ad-hoc reports with Cognos or other data report writing software.
- Demonstrated proficiency with multiple HRIS platforms.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook) and the functional application for HRIS processes.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Human Resources, Information Technology Management, or closely related field.
- Three years of full-time Human Resources Information Systems experience in in a higher education setting.
- Experience with ERP systems, including Workday or PeopleSoft
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification.