Job Profile Summary
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for collecting, organizing and analyzing data on any aspect of the college or the external environment as requested. Prepares reports, documentation and related informative and presentation materials outlining research results. Duties include evaluating, organizing, verifying, and extrapolating data from internal and/or external sources as well as performing qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis. Relies on experience and independent judgment to interpret circumstances, problem solve, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
Candidates residing in Texas, Georgia, Ohio, Illinois, North Carolina, and Tennessee, may be eligible to work remotely.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in social/behavioral science, statistics, economics, educational administration, or other research-oriented area.
- Four to six years of directly related experience, preferably with a higher education institution, in which working on research projects and data reporting is/was the primary function; the experience includes statistical software, i.e. SPSS, SAS, STATA and/or other statistical software (not including spreadsheet packages).
- Experience with database software, i.e. SAS, Access, SQL, Paradox, dbase and/or other database software.
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative data strongly desired.
- Daily - 35%: Performs analysis, identifies trends, verifies data validity, and provides data to end-users by performing in-depth longitudinal studies and cross-sectional studies including demographic / geographic data analysis by gathering and synthesizing information and data applicable to the study. May require travel between campuses and other locations for meetings and other issues relative data analysis and gathering.
- Daily - 15%: Creates and maintains quality databases by extracting data from a wide variety of data sources, assessing data quality, performing data management, and loading data into a database for analysis and peer comparisons. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Daily - 15%: Disseminates research results by writing analysis, data tables, and graphics to be presented through in-person presentations, written reports, and web-based presentation within the college as well as to other non-college colleagues.
- Daily - 15%: Designs research projects and identifies appropriate tools for data collection by conducting needs assessment to understand the end-user's research needs and optimize the use of research results. Reviews, interprets and communicates data and contributes to the preparation of technical reports.
- Weekly - 5%: Participates on internal and external committees related to institutional research issues. Recognizes business needs to design technical solutions and plans and oversees improvement design solutions.
- Weekly - 10%: Assists in the coordination of the State and Federal reporting to ensure timeliness and accuracy. Remains in compliance with college, state, and federal regulations.
- Other - 5%: Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision in research design, implementation, analysis, and dissemination of research related to higher education.
- In depth functional knowledge of and expertise in multiple technology environments, programs, languages, etc. including Microsoft Office packages and experience with database technologies.
- Proficient in the use of statistical analysis software, such as SAS, SPSS and other BI tools such as Enterprise Miner.
- Excellent report writing skills. Must be detail oriented, organized, resourceful and maintain efficient work habits.
- Knowledge of statistics and research methodology.
- Ability to conduct data needs assessment and gathers specifications and complete projects with rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact and effectively communicate research methodology and findings to a diverse constituency analysis.
- Ability to manage own work and work of others to unit performance standards for cost, quality, and output.
Diversity and InclusionJob Title
Works effectively with all individuals and contributes to a positive environment by working with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and external constituents. Contributes to an inclusive, respectful, and empowering working environment that welcomes diverse perspectives
Respect for Others
Demonstrates respect for team members and constituents by valuing their contributions toward the goals of the work unit and the College. Maintains professionalism and contributes to a cohesive work environment
Cooperates and collaborates with individuals & groups that supports the mission and values of the College
Flexibility & Adaptability
Adapts approaches as situations in the work environment changes. Supports change based on the environmental needs, emerging technologies, and system upgrades
Effectively applies concepts, theories, methods, tools, techniques, and expertise in emerging technological systems and functions
Continuous Improvement & Learning
Actively develops one's own skills and explores opportunities for personal learning and continuous development within the job's functionality and in support of the goals and mission of the department, division and College
Senior Research Associate (Remote/Hybrid Multiple Vacancies) Position Number
P0084774 Job Status
Full time Temporary Department
Research and Data Science Location
Cypress Creek Administrative Center Pay Grade
$53,468 - $63,493 (Salary commensurate with education and experience) Work Shift
First Shift Work Schedule
Monday - Friday/Weekends/Varies Hours Per Week
37.5 Posting End Date
Open Until Filled Comments
To be considered for this position, a completed online employment application along with a resume and unofficial transcript(s) are required. Designated Essential Personnel
No FLSA Status
Exempt Position Classification
Professional Technical Staff (PTS) Special Instructions to Applicant:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and must be attached to the online application. If unable to attach the documentation, please email document to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 954-201-7612, stating clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All required documentation must be received on or before the job posting end date.
**Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the “Resume/CV/Transcript/License/Certification” section of the application**
Please refer to link with the instructions on how to submit an application with multiple documents. https://www.broward.edu/jobs/_docs/tutorial_external_applicant_broward_college.pdf.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
Broward College uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 Form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Diversity and Inclusion are a priority at Broward CollegeDisclaimer
Broward College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from eligible veterans and spouses of veterans, underrepresented groups, including minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other legally protected classification.
For inquiries regarding Title IX and the college’s non-discrimination policies, contact the Vice President for Talent and Culture at 954-201-7288, Broward College, 6400 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please contact the Talent and Culture Department at email@example.com.
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted of describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Broward College reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.