: Enrollment ManagementLocations:
: Corning, NYPosted:
: Apr 13, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About SUNY Empire State College:
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 51-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 92,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 17,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at over 30 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
Empire State College is committed to creating a multi-cultural and inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package.
SUNY Empire State College, Office of Enrollment Management, seeks a full-time Enrollment and Partnership Outreach Officer (State Title: Senior Staff Assistant) to focus on the Southern Tier. The Office of Enrollment Management is a dynamic, highly collaborative, student focused division dedicated to providing timely, high touch support through the pre-enrollment lifecycle.
The Enrollment and Partnership Outreach Officer (EPOO) manages recruitment outreach for prospective students, including those students coming from the college's partnerships with community colleges and organizations for the Southern Tier. The EPOO assists in building and maintaining strategic community relationships and is responsible for coordination of recruitment events to support enrollment. The EPOO provides important insights and recommendations based on his/her data and experience for achieving the annual enrollment goals for their territory. Works to generate leads and ensure contact with individuals who have indicated an interest in SUNY Empire. Encourages prospects to attend an information session or otherwise furthering their interest in SUNY Empire. Responsible to meet application and acceptance targets.
- Develop recruitment plan to meet targets
- Utilize Enrollment Data to evaluate and adjust recruitment plan
- Plan and deliver information sessions
- Represent SUNY Empire at conferences
- Participate in recruitment travel
- Conduct follow-up meetings with partnerships and community college
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in higher education, business or non-profit; related to marketing, communications, recruitment, admissions, development or student affairs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
- Effective listening, probing and assessment skills.
- Experience working with data to analyze and evaluate outcomes.
- Experience working with a diverse student population.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in team-driven environment.
- Candidates must have the ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Travel required within the Capital District of New York and occasionally to Saratoga Springs.
- VISA sponsorship is not available.
- Valid driver's license required.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State College Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.