Instructional Lab Assistant,SrJob Type:
Part-TimeEmployee Class Description:
Staff PT (ed. support)General Position Description:
Coordinates and manages a specified laboratory in direct support of the instructional program. Provides instructional services for students and assists them in mastering skills required for success within a course of study.Grade:
S854PPrimary Work Location:
Kissimmee, FL 34746 - Poinciana CampusIf multiple locations, what are the other locations::
Kissimmee, FL 34746 - Poinciana CampusProposed Work Schedule (Please note hours subject to change based on business needs):
Monday to Friday: 8:00am – 7:00pm (schedules vary)Number of Vacancies:
1Posting Start Date:
03/28/2022Posting End Date:
05/05/2022Open Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting:
$16.49 per hourDescription of Job Function:
1. Provide academic support through planning, developing, and coordinating lab activities to support class room instruction. Provide direct instruction to students to assist their learning of specified instructional programs and labs.Description of Job Function:
2. Hires, schedules, evaluates and supervise full time and part time Instructional assistants, student lab assistants and aides as needed. Approve time sheet for payroll processing.Description of Job Function:
3. Maintain tools, equipment and the lab facility in a clean and proper working condition; perform minor maintenance and repairs and notify appropriate personnel of major maintenance and repair needs; maintain an adequate inventory of supplies and materials and reorder as needed.Description of Job Function:
4. Ensures lab safety and security procedures are adhered to.Description of Job Function:
5. Supervises student procedures, monitors student progress and reviews lab assignments for correctness and completion. Answer students’ questions about subject matter.Description of Job Function:
6. Maintain and track laboratory expenditures against the budget.Description of Job Function:
7. Provides instruction and/or demonstrations to orient students to the use and care of lab equipment and supplies.Description of Job Function:
8. Attend departmental and instructional meetings; organizes and attends special events campus wide to inform students of available services.Description of Job Function:
9. Performs other duties as assigned.Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution.Required License/Certification:
Possess certain registrations, licenses or certifications (i.e., CPR, First Aid, Allied Health, Registered Nurse, Registered Dental Hygienist, Microsoft Office applications, Apple, hazardous waste disposal), or possess proof of training in areas relevant to subject matter to which assigned.Preferred Type of Experience:
Teaching experience and supervisory experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the discipline assigned.General Working Conditions:
Knowledge of the rules, regulations and procedures of the area of assignment.
Knowledge of the operation and proper and safe use of a variety of tools, equipment, hardware and software.
Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing, and in front of groups.
Ability to deal effectively with students, faculty and supervisors.
Ability to teach effectively.
Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. The employee will routinely operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, keyboards, mouse, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Typical physical competencies include but are not limited to frequently remaining stationary, moving, reaching, positioning self and occasionally ascending/descending, lifting/moving objects weighing between 5-15 pounds. This job also entails frequently communicating, discerning and exchanging information, detecting and perceiving objects up close, at a distance, and the ability to adjust focus. Cognitive abilities include but are not limited to frequently using discretion, judgment, reasoning, memory, learning, maintaining confidentiality, comprehension, problem solving, and decision-making.
The typical work environment, physical and cognitive demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The College has a process to identify and make available reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Diversity Statement:
All employees must demonstrate a commitment to Valencia College’s Equity and Inclusion efforts.