: Student PositionsDepartment:
: Registrar's OfficeLocations:
: Seattle, WAPosted:
: Apr 21, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-time TemporaryPosition ID:
About City University of Seattle:
City University of Seattle (CityU) is a distinguished and comprehensive private nonprofit university and an affiliate of the National University System. CityU is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). We are dedicated to providing accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. As a pioneer in digital learning, we have been delivering online education for over 40 years. CityU is ranked by the U.S. News & World Report among the top for online bachelor's degree programs, and among the top online programs for veterans in the U.S. CityU prides itself on having a completion rate of twice the national average according to data from the Chronicle of Higher Education.
CityU has over 20 locations in the Northwest and worldwide. Many of our degree, certificate and endorsement programs are offered online, in-person, mixed-mode and in performance-based formats. Aside from its flagship campus and headquarters in Seattle, CityU offers programs in Canada, China, the Czech Republic, Mexico, Slovakia, Switzerland, and Vietnam.
Support the maintenance and management of student records for the Registrar's Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to basic customer service inquiries in-person and by phone and email.
- File paper and electronic documents.
- Create new student record files.
- Maintain paper and electronic records at the direction of RO staff, maintaining confidentiality and security of records at all times.
- Fulfill record requests from both paper and electronic archived materials.
- Provide clerical support to RO staff including record tracking, filing, printing, and mailing of documents.
- Must be current City University of Seattle students enrolled in an academic program of study.
- Office experience and data entry experience preferred.
- Ability to alphabetize and file quickly and accurately.
- Must demonstrate a high level of customer service, attention to detail, and organizational ability.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to receive or communicate confidential or sensitive information, with high level of discretion.
- Ability to perform job duties with moderate supervision and to effectively prioritize work.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, procedure manuals, short correspondence and memos. Ability to communicate effectively one-on-one and in small group situations with diverse student, staff and faculty populations.
- Proficiency with MS Office products.
This is a part-time (19.5 hours per week) student position.
This position pays minimum wage $17.27 per hour plus 100% tuition credit for 1 class per quarter.
City University of Seattle accepts applications through this online process only. For consideration, please submit a complete application packet. A complete application is one that includes:
- Completed Electronic Application Form
Once you have created a profile, please remember to record your password. If you use the 'Help Desk' feature, responses will be sent to your Interview Exchange account. Candidates with qualifications and experience most aligned with current needs will be contacted by a hiring manager. Once the position is filled, you will see a status update in your account profile.
If you encounter technical problems while applying for a position, please use the 'Help Desk' feature in your Interview Exchange account to submit the issue to technical support. For non-technical issues or questions, please email [email protected]
City University of Seattle is an equal opportunity employer and is continuously working to build a diverse faculty and staff. City University strongly encourages inquiries from all qualified individuals interested in becoming part of the CityU team, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.