Join our SCF Collegiate School Team! SCF offers many benefits to our employees: tuition scholarship for employees and eligible dependents, paid Life Insurance, matching Florida Retirement System (FRS) contribution, complimentary access to Wellness activities, paid sick, and access for eligible dependents to our on-campus Collegiate School, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, and many more! Visit our SCF Human Resources webpage for benefit details.Position Title:
Job Summary: SCF Collegiate School is a tuition-free charter school on the SCF Bradenton and Venice campuses. We are seeking an instructor looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence for the Certified Instructor – Collegiate School Bradenton. This is a responsible, professional educator position accountable for enabling all students to succeed in school and graduate with the skills, knowledge and attitudes to be successful workers, responsible citizens and college-ready. The position is full time and has a flexible start date, with STEM field certification preferred.
Please see more information about the Collegiate School on the website,scfcs.scf.edu.
Certified Instructor – Collegiate School - STEM fieldsRequisition Number:
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:Minimum Qualifications:
1. Adheres to the rules and regulations as prescribed by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, State College of Florida, the school board, and administrative procedures.
2. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
3. Prepares, maintains, and submits accurate and complete records and reports as required by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, the school board, and administrative procedures.
4. Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative procedures and Board policies.
5. Maintains a classroom and school environment which is safe, orderly, and conducive to effective learning, and appropriate to the maturity and interest of all students.
6. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion, and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
7. Supports the student learning plan through presentations, mentoring, coaching, and tutoring individual students.
8. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
9. Is available to support students during time that is not scheduled or assigned.
10. Acts as a mentor to motivate and encourage students to learn across all subject areas.
11. Holds students accountable for weekly schedules and learning goals.
12. Maintains open communication with parents, administrators, and other instructors about student progress.
13. Evaluates student progress and makes recommendations for student improvement on a continual basis.
14. Prepares and maintains lesson plans for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of supervisor.
15. Works collaboratively with other teachers and administrators to develop teaching materials.
16. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology and online instruction, differentiated instruction and project-based assessments, and incorporation of current original events.
17. Understands and integrates available technology, materials and tools related to the job on a regular basis, including mobile technology, active board, and online resources
18. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of all individuals or student groups involved.
19. Actively participates in the College’s sustainability practices and initiatives.
20. Embraces a multicultural environment, demonstrates an understanding of first-generation college families, and supports the College’s diversity initiatives.
21. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and fast-paced change.
22. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
23. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
24. Promotes positive public relations for the school and the institution.
25. Performs related duties as required.
• Education/Experience:Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the specific teaching discipline as outlined below.
Valid Florida teacher certification or equivalent
Maintains or is seeking a valid Florida Teaching Certificate or appropriate certification. Letter of Eligibility from FLDOE required if seeking certification.
Middle or high school teaching preferred.Special Instructions to Applicants:
All certifications will be reviewed. Preference will be on STEM field Certifications.Pre-Employment Screenings:
Position is subject to availability of funding.
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college. This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.Department Name:
SCF Collegiate SchoolCampus:
10 MonthWork Hours From:
7:30 pmWork Hours To:
3:30 pmTotal Hours Per Week:
40Requested Start Date:
Collegiate SchoolContinuing Contract Eligible:
$47,500.00 - $59,300.00FLSA:
ExemptJob Open Date:
02/28/2022Open Until Filled:
NoStatement of Non-Discrimination:
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.