Job no: 512642
Work type: Staff
Location: San Luis Obispo
Categories: Unit 7 - CSUEU - Clerical and Administrative Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
The Administrative Support Coordinator II supports the Agribusiness department head, faculty, staff, and students in all areas including budgets, recruiting, RPT, and event planning.
The Agribusiness Department of the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences is comprised of 600 undergraduate students and 10 tenured/tenure track faculty. The program offers a B.S. in Agribusiness. The curriculum focuses on the value-added food sector, finance and risk management, data analytics, supply chain management and the retail sector. Experiential learning and industry interaction are integral components of the curriculum. The department has garnered numerous national student contest awards in National Agricultural Marketing Association, Food Distribution Research Society, and the National Grocers Association. The department’s research and education activities are conducted on a wide array of issues that include new and emerging industries, supply chain management, agribusiness management, decision sciences, regulatory and land use policy and technological adaptation in agriculture.
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the University with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or its equivalent. Type 45 wpm. Five years of general office support or technical experience. (Training at a vocational school or full-time college education may be substituted for two years of the required experience on the basis of one year of college education for 6 months of experience).
Salary and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Range: $43,200 - $56,400 Per Year
Classification Range: $41,280 - $67,668 Per Year
Cal Poly offers a best-in-class benefits program, including health, dental and vision insurance, retirement participation in the Public Employees' Retirement System, and educational benefits for eligible employees. See our benefits website for additional information.
Cal Poly is a nationally-ranked public university located in San Luis Obispo, California, and known for its Learn by Doing philosophy. Each year more than 20,000 top-tier students come to San Luis Obispo to put knowledge into action, taking their learning outside the classroom as they prepare for careers in engineering, agriculture, science, business, humanities and the built environment. Cal Poly’s hands-on philosophy, small class sizes and close student-faculty mentorships result in graduates ready from day one to impact their communities, California and the world. For more information, visit calpoly.edu.
At Cal Poly, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. Cal Poly is an equal opportunity employer.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to [email protected].
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with Cal Poly. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Cal Poly has designated as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo is not a sponsoring agency for staff positions (i.e. H-1B visas).
Positions are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days.
Advertised: April 20, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled