This position is sensitive and will require a criminal background check.Essential Duties Summary:
The primary function of this position is to perform semiskilled duties in the maintenance of college grounds.
“Notice of E-Verify Participation”
• Uses various hand equipment and power equipment to perform grounds keeping dutiesRequired Qualifications:
• Assists in installation and repair of irrigation systems
• Mows lawn, edges along curbs, sidewalks and streets
• Performs minor repairs on equipment
• Picks up trash and empties trash cans on campus
• Plants and trims bushes, hedges and trees
• Services power equipment as needed and directed
• Applies fungicides, herbicides insecticides and other chemicals under appropriate supervision
• Removes weeds and other foreign growth from bushes, hedges and plant beds
• Rakes leaves and picks up other debris when necessary.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalency required.Physical Demands:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to be flexible in scheduling work hours including coverage demands due to training periods and equipment problems is required. The ability to work flexible hours and regular attendance at work are essential functions of this position. The ability to travel locally and out of town on college related business may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Full Time/Part Time:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, and feel. The employee is regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and climb/balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus as well as ability to determine the color of objects.
Full TimePosting Number:
04/21/2022Open Until Filled: