Job no: 513627
Work type: Non-Instructional Faculty (Coach/Counselor/Librarian)
Location: Long Beach
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Temporary, Part Time, Coach (Non-instructional Faculty)
Position: Assistant Women's Golf Coach (Part-Time, Coaching Assistant, 10-Month) Long Beach State Athletics
Effective Date: On or about June 1, 2022
Salary: $26,388/per year
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin May 16, 2022. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior athletic participation in golf
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Knowledge of and adherence to NCAA rules and regulations
- Experience in golf as a player or coach at the college level
- Demonstrated ability to assist with coaching and recruiting quality student-athletes
- Computer experience
- Public relations skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent organizational skills
- Assist with the development and supervision of the student-athletes in the Women's Golf program
- Assist the program in accordance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I, Big West Conference, and University rules, regulations, and policies
- Recruit student-athletes in accordance with NCAA regulations and academic standards, as well as University requirements
- Assist in the planning and coordinating of in-season practices, including team and individual workouts
- Assist in the planning and coordinating of out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete at the Division I level
- Assist in monitoring the academics of each of the Women's Golf student-athletes. Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure any academic concerns are being addressed.
- Assist with the planning and implementing of match plans
- Coordinate strength and conditioning program with assigned Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Complete all necessary compliance forms as required and/or requested by the Athletics Compliance Office in a timely manner
- Participate in fund raising activities for the Women's Golf program and/or Department of Athletics
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, faculty, staff, media, and friends of the university
- Perform computer related tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head Coach and Sport Supervisor
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications and any preferred qualifications
- Three references (name, address, e-mail address, and telephone numbers)
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
How to Apply: Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information and questions about the position should be addressed to: Search Committee Chair, E-Mail: [email protected]
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to [email protected].
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Title IX Employer.
Advertised: Apr 21, 2022 (5:10 PM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled