Job no: 513337
Work type: Staff
Location: East Bay
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $4,372.00/month to $7,917.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html
About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
About the Position
The function of the Project/Relationship Manager is to be a liaison between Information Technology Services (ITS) and the campus community. This position provides analytical, tactical, and strategic support to ensure customer satisfaction at all levels of the organization.
This hands-on Project/Relationship Manager position will not only manage Divisional Department and ITS projects, but identify solutions to current technology and service improvement needs throughout the campus. This individual will be responsible for the successful planning, solution, execution, monitoring, control and closure of projects. The incumbent is expected to solve conflicts, project risks and issues in a timely manner, escalating to management as appropriate.
- Accomplish the project objectives within the constraints of the project (Scope, Time, Resources, and Performance Specifications), following ITIL, Agile/Scrum, or other project management methodologies utilized by CSUEB.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities and projects that vary in scope and timeline.
- Manage expectations of stakeholders. Advise and influence responses to change.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of departmental processes and requirements. Research and promote the use of technologies to support or enhance services.
- Analyze information and prepare an assessment report with recommendations for solving the business need.
- Provide both summary and detailed project status reports to various stakeholders and audiences.
- Work with assigned departments to document their project priorities. Work with partners to integrate cross-departmental service/project portfolios and create short and long-term actionable plans.
- Manage the assigned portfolios. Serve as an advocate for approved plans and ensure execution and assess customer satisfaction throughout the life cycle.
Analysis and Resource Management:
- Work with project stakeholders to understand their business/service needs that generated the need to execute the project and deliver its solution.
- Research and be familiar with existing and emerging technologies that may be utilized to provide a solution to stakeholder requirements in a project.
- Manage demand and expectations of stakeholders. Advise and influence responses to change.
- Provide input in the development of Services, Solutions, Service Design Package, Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs)around a project.
- Assist in marketing and communication activities of ITS.
- Work with ITS Management and their teams to develop and approve all types of communications content for the campus community.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience as a technical project manager.
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of three years of work experience in Information Technology Project Management with progressively responsible roles or an equivalent combination of education and directly related work experience.
- Experience in Higher Education, public sector, or non-profit.
- Working knowledge of Project Management Methodologies.
- Familiarity with cloud software development/applications and their lifecycle and the importance of technology within a diverse organization.
- Project Documentation including Flowcharts and Budget.
- Familiarity with 508 Compliance and other laws and regulations related to information technology.
- Business Process and Analysis skills.
- Marketing/Outreach and presentation skills.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Account Management and/or Vendor Management Skills.
- Skills in Consensus Building, Teamwork, and achieving results/outcomes.
Condition(s) of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions and we are not an E-Verify employer.
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to [email protected].
Advertised: April 21, 2022 (11:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled