If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here
to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
- Provides for patients’ personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves, and assisting with showers.
- Assists with meals and feeds patients, ambulates, turns, and positions patients, and provides fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Administers enemas, douches, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, therapeutic and sitz baths, and applies restraints.
- Performs sugar and acetone urine testing, specimen collection, and post-mortem care.
- Answers patients’ call lights and requests promptly.
- Maintains a safe and attractive environment for patients and staff and transports patients and equipment.
- Reports patient conditions to the assigned nurse to ensure professional assessment.
- Measures and records food and liquid intake and output, and checks and records vital signs.
- Provides patient help with walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
Certified Nursing Assistant license
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: