QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
The qualifications and skill requirements for this position include:
- Associates degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in an accounting support function; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Knowledge of basic accounting and mathematical concepts;
- Knowledge of accounts payable/receivable principles and general ledger reporting techniques;
- Proficient in data entry and recordkeeping practices;
- Professional appearance and good customer services skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all levels;
- Ability to interact effectively in a professional and personable manner with youth and adults at all levels both internally and externally to the institution;
- Strong computer/technology skills including the ability to use office desktop software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential job functions and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Reconciling, documenting, and monitoring financial data for an assigned function to department;
- Maintaining effective accounting controls;
- Confirming compliance with contract language;
- Resolving invoice discrepancies;
- Reviewing payments and verifying funding sources in consultation with the CCAMPIS Program Coordinator;
- Performing administrative duties related to the program, including accounting, reconciliation, documentation, and monitoring of financial and invoicing data;
- Assisting in data collection and entry for CCAMPIS participant tracking and evaluation;
- Working directly with childcare providers to ensure invoices are correctly filed and payment is initiated.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The specific duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews and troubleshoots a variety of accounting and/or financial transactions, which may include: accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, and related transactions;
- Completes, tracks, and/or maintains a variety of records, logs, ledgers, and filers;
- Posts financial information into appropriate accounts, creates journal entries, and reviews and resolves discrepancies of data entered;
- Prepares, monitors, and maintains accounting activity compliance with the contract, internal, and external regulations;
- Prepares a variety of accounting reports and other documents related to assigned areas of responsibility utilizing established guidelines and in consultation with the CCAMPIS Program Coordinator;
- Demonstrates the highest ability to keep records and information in the strictest confidence;
- Completing other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of Business Division;
- Flexibility in schedule to serve customers during peak periods, evenings, and weekends.
This position requires an ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, reach up, stoop, and carry items occasionally in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds. It also requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines, such as copier, fax, calculator, telephone, and other equipment as necessary. IRSC expects its employees to follow proper safety standards while employed by the College.
ClassificationStaffSupervisoryNoFLSA ExemptNoEmployment TypeTemporary With Benefits (Fixed Term)Compensation and Application Deadline$15.10/hour | Grant Funded | This position will close on May 31, 2022 at 11:59 pm