FLSA Status: Exempt
Months Per Year: 11
Employment Status: Part-Time
SeattleUniversity will be one of the most innovative and progressive Jesuit and Catholicuniversities in the world, educating with excellence at the undergraduate,graduate, and professional levels. We embrace an intersectional framework fordefining diversity in its broadest sense, including differences in gender,gender identity, race, ethnicity, generational history, culture, socioeconomicclass, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status,political perspectives, geographic origin and physical ability. SeattleUniversity strives to be a welcome, open and safe campus climate for all wholearn, live and work at Seattle University.
Benefits at a GlanceConsistent with its fundamental Jesuit values, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental, and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage, and plan for your future with an 8% employer contribution for retirement benefits. You may also take advantage of 100% paid tuition benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Holiday break closure in December, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
SeattleUniversity has an opening for a Nurse Practitioner to join the Student Healthcenter Department. Provides culturally informed direct clinical service tostudents, including assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of within a primarycare model. Position supports the University’s efforts to provide ahealthy, safe, and accessible environment for students.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Within a nurse practitioner scope of practice, takes histories, performs physical examinations, orders and interprets results of diagnostic tests, prescribes and dispenses medications as appropriate via primarily in- person appointments, some telehealth.
- Provides anticipatory guidance, screening and health education to patients to promote and maintain health.
- Communicates with patients regarding lab results, advice, follow-up instructions, and referrals.
- Promotes positive patient relations maintaining confidentiality, privacy and dignity
- Participates in SHC Quality Assurance activities, provider meetings, case conferences and peer review.
- Participates in campus-wide health and wellness related events.
- To be able to work independently and as a team with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Maintains currency of licensure, certification, and continuing education.
- Communicate regularly with clinic administration and actively participate in team meetings for effective problem solving and communication
- To be able to perform the above job description and functions and other duties as assigned by the Director of the Student Health Center under minimal supervision.
- Able to work independently and as a team with excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Multitask and effectively delegate, balancing administrative responsibilities with clinic flow needs.
- Promotes positive patient relations maintaining confidentiality, privacy, and dignity.
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, flexible, and solution focused attitude
- Ability to quickly synthesize medical data and formulate effective and evidence based clinical recommendations
- Master or DNP degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program and licensed as an ARNP with prescriptive authority in Washington state and DEA licensure
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing professional clinical services, preferable in an outpatient setting and/or in a university health center
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse populations and be able to demonstrate commitment to issues around diversity and social justice
Please attach a cover letter with your resume when applying. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.