Program Coordinator - Office of the Registrar Location:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Central Washington University is recruiting a Program Coordinator to join the Office of the Registrar team in Ellensburg, Washington. This role is an important member of our team as they enhance the vision for the University. The role is a campus-based position, which means you get to see the lives you are impacting. We're offering a salary, depending on experience, from $35,988 - $46,644 annually plus the awesome CWU benefits.
Who we are:
We are a team of individuals committed to Changing Students' Lives. No matter what job, each of us plays a part in supporting and empowering our students to fulfill their dreams.
Working in higher education provides career growth and career choice. Think of a university campus like a mini city, operating across 380 acres. You’ll find diverse academics, libraries, athletics and sporting events, full service and quick serve dining, conferences and events from small to large, recreation centers, housing for ~10,000 students, health services, police and public safety.
For the seventh time in eight years, CWU is a recipient of the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Come join us on our journey to encourage, inspire, and create spaces where all identities thrive on campus.
What we offer:
Our investment in you begins the day you join our team, a healthy and successful future for you is important to us. We offer medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, tuition assistance for you and your dependents, discounts across town, an employee assistance program for individualized counseling, and a wellness incentive program. Learn more: https://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits
Tour our campus in Ellensburg here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjdhOegDa9A
This position coordinates the data entry and maintenance of the Office of Continuing Education, High School Partnerships and the Office of the Registrar system of student records including but not limited to Running Start, GIVE, Professional Development, CTE, GPIDEA. Supports all credit programs by processing new admits, building and scheduling all courses, and is responsible for class registration, administering tuition/fees, and all associated enrollment functions. The position is expected to meet established University deadlines and guarantee accuracy in tuition and fees. All employees are expected to support CWU’s commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment.
Coordinate Student Records:
- Independently coordinate, monitor, evaluate and make adjustments to student records for programs such as Running Start, College in the High School, CTE, Professional Development, GIVE and coordinates all processes.
- Independently advises staff and academic departments on program decisions, impact to students, correct processing of student records, interpretation of state requirements and maintain compliance with Washington state law.
- Use MyCWU to verify student status and determine whether new, continuing or returning. Admit non-matriculated students through Quick Admit. Term Activate and update bio/demo for students currently in the database. Enter ethnic origin for all students in compliance with State and Federal reporting. Admit Running Start on Campus and College in the High School students either manually or through the automated processes.
- Enroll and drop students often working in two or more terms or non-standard terms simultaneously. Communicate any enrollment problems with faculty and staff.
- Manually post Continued Education (CE) tuition and program fees to student accounts and reverse charges upon approval. Enter the respective tuition Item Types for each College in the High School course.
- Record certificates awarded to students participating in the Craft Beer Trade program.
- Enter and post grades. Initiate corrective actions on student accounts and courses when self-support budgeting information has changed. Monitor student enrollment and financial accounts in Excel and provide to respective directors. Send quarterly alerts to respective directors if self-support programs are not within established program parameters. Monitor self-support program enrollment reports, tuition assessed, and activities that need to be reported to various directors. Ask for assistance in data entry as needed and monitor such work for accuracy.
- Monitors Continuing Education and High School Partnership program activities to ensure the programs meet program goals and adhere to good record keeping practice.
- Attend meetings as program representative
- Follow up on anomalies
- Provide a variety of reports to Continuing Education Director, Director of Concurrent Enrollment.
- Work within and utilize the online software for College in the High School enrollments and new teachers
- Build all Continuing Education and High School Partnership courses for past, present, and future terms, simultaneously, to prioritize the needs of self-support clients. This includes verifying that tuition/fees are charged appropriately to meet program regulations. Coordinate meeting patterns with academic departments.
- Advise faculty and staff if there are any discrepancies and offer an alternative course of action.
- Monitor and maintain instructor information within MyCWU to ensure proper access to required information.
- Use online catalog to verify course information, newly approved courses, number of credits, active or inactive, grading basis.
- Enter new and reactivated professional development courses into the catalog in conjunction with Curriculog.
- Enter newly approved adjuncts into the Instructor/Advisor tables and assign them to their respective courses.
- Add specific site locations in the Facilities and Course Attribute tables and enter this information to each class built in order to be in compliance with IE and State reporting.
- Contact program coordinators, faculty, and staff for room preferences. Create Excel spreadsheet with all required course information and submit to Academic Scheduling for room assignments and final exams meeting the pre-established CWU Academic Scheduling deadlines. Maintain and submit Excel worksheet with any requested changes after sending initial assignments to the academic departments for their review. Once finalized, re-send to faculty and staff.
- Enter Continuing Education and High School Partnership tuition to every course built matching the Item Type to the program. Enter any other applicable fees. Run a query once a week to verify tuition and fees have been entered and are being assessed in accordance with program goals.
- Interpret and explain policies and procedures regarding registration and critical dates and deadlines.
- Provide advice to self-support program directors and participants on policies, activities, and recommend alternative course of action to ensure that program goals are being met while adhering to University policy.
- Confirm room assignments and final exam schedules with faculty and academic departments. Answer questions and provide guidance on the difference between self-support and state support tuition/programs.
- Assist CWU personnel and students with how to access and navigate MyCWU.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience and/or training that demonstrates the ability to use Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, e-mail, and/or similar software applications to produce written correspondence, create and maintain spreadsheets, receive, and respond to e-mail inquiries and tasks, etc.
- Experience demonstrating the ability to provide customer service including the responsibility to listen to customers, respond to the needs of a diverse population, identify issues, provide options, fulfill services, exercise knowledge of procedures to assist others, and resolve complaints or conflicts through clear and effective communication.
- Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to multi-task and manage workload to meet predetermined deadlines.
- Ability to perform accurate data entry with attention to detail.
- Ability to independently compose office correspondence and to accurately proofread written material, identify and correct errors in grammar, punctuation.
- Demonstrated willingness and/or experience working with students and/or co-workers from a wide range of abilities, backgrounds, and experiences.
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Significant Higher Education experience.
- Academic Registrar, Academic Scheduling, and/or Student Financial Services experience; and/or experience with course, classroom, and/or special event scheduling and enrollment management.
- Knowledge of university academic, self-support, and curriculum policies.
- Life experiences that demonstrate an ability to contribute to CWU’s commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for students through various activities.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for the quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
- Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create an environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $2,999 /month with periodic increases up to $3,887 Schedule/Appointment
: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) Working Conditions
: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer workstation for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required. Benefits
: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: https://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits An employee of CWU may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program if the employee has student loans. To learn more, visit: https://ofm.wa.gov/state-human-resources/public-service-loan-forgiveness-program.
How To Apply To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;Resume including work history, education, training; andContact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: May 10, 2022
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.Contact Information Name: Tina Morefield
Title: Assistant to the Registrar
Email: [email protected]
Please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.Conditions of Employment Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21.14.1
, CWU employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of October 2021. Your vaccination status will be verified if/when a job offer is made. Information about how to apply for medical and religious accommodations are available here: www.cwu.edu/hr/
. Failure to meet the vaccination policy (or approval of a medical or religious accommodation) will result in revocation of the offer.Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to sign a Sexual Misconduct disclosure in pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080 and submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.