Program Support Supervisor - Academic Achievement Programs Location:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Central Washington University is recruiting a Program Support Supervisor 1 to join the Academic Achievement team in Ellensburg, Washington. This role is an important member of our team as they enhance the vision for the University. The role is a campus-based position, which means you get to see the lives you are impacting. We're offering a salary, depending on experience, from $38,592 - $50,256 annually plus the awesome CWU benefits.
Who we are:
We are a team of individuals committed to Changing Students' Lives. No matter what job, each of us plays a part in supporting and empowering our students to fulfill their dreams.
Working in higher education provides career growth and career choice. Think of a university campus like a mini city, operating across 380 acres. You’ll find diverse academics, libraries, athletics and sporting events, full service and quick serve dining, conferences and events from small to large, recreation centers, housing for ~10,000 students, health services, police and public safety.
For the seventh time in eight years, CWU is a recipient of the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. Come join us on our journey to encourage, inspire, and create spaces where all identities thrive on campus.
What we offer:
Our investment in you begins the day you join our team, a healthy and successful future for you is important to us. We offer medical, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, tuition assistance for you and your dependents, discounts across town, an employee assistance program for individualized counseling, and a wellness incentive program. Learn more: https://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits
Tour our campus in Ellensburg here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjdhOegDa9A
The Program Support Supervisor 1, under the direction of the Student Support Services Director, will coordinate the daily operation of the programs under Academic Achievement Programs, including Student Support Services (SSS), and Passport to College (PTC). The Program Support Supervisor 1 will serve as a resource to students, staff and program participants and/or the public regarding program content, policies and activities, and recommend courses of action; and achieves defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing, and maintaining services with established guidelines. In addition, the Program Support Supervisor 1 will provide overall office support, including mail distribution, managing/ordering office supplies, office filing and provides outstanding customer service to students, faculty, and staff for Academic Achievement Programs. All employees are expected to support CWU’s commitment to diversity and to bring and support inclusion into the university environment.
Program Coordination including Student Support Services (SSS) and Passport to College (PTC):
- Serve as a resource to students, staff and program participants and/or the public regarding program content, policies and activities, and recommend courses of action
- Achieves defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing, and maintaining services with established guidelines
- Facilitate the scheduling, planning and coordination of cultural and educational trips and events including transportation, meals and tours; chaperones trips as needed
- Coordinate the development, printing and dissemination of TRIO brochures and materials to relevant agencies and departments
- Develop and coordinate TRIO SSS new student orientations; including space, speakers, facilitators and food
- Coordinate TRIO New Student Orientation, open houses, and end of year celebration
- Manage social media accounts, update TRIO web page
- Hire, train, supervise, and coordinate schedules of student workers
- Independently provide interpretation/explanation of policies and procedures to students
- Coordinate, schedule and facilitate mandatory TRIO workshops; including financial literacy, graduate school application process and career planning
- Attend meetings and/or events as a program representative
- Promote the program on campus and to other agencies
Office and Fiscal Support:
- Develop budget estimates, monitor budget status and departmental expenditures, and prepare monthly budget reconciliations
- Prepare and submit all Travel Authorization and Expense Reports and paperwork
- Filter and distribute mail; order and maintain office supplies and equipment such as copiers, fax machines, computers and printers
- Maintain an updated inventory list of program supplies and materials
- Lead office filing efforts; organize and archive in accordance with federal and state criteria
- Provide excellent reception desk support; receive and refer visitors
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries regarding departmental procedures and services
- Provide scheduling support for all full-time staff
- Prepare agenda documents for weekly staff meetings; take and distribute staff meeting minutes
- Use database and spreadsheet software to compile program records and attendance records
- Use word processing software to prepare end-of-quarter and annual CWU Reports and office correspondence
- Coordinate updates of website and work with Information Services (IS) to develop and maintain MyCWU queries
- Performs all hiring processes for new student employees
- Supervise the daily work of student office assistants and train them in departmental policies and procedures
- Schedule student employee work hours/shifts; monitor hours worked; approve payable time and absence requests
- Oversee and direct the work of student staff; serve as mentor, coach and leader, and resolve complaints or issues
- Clearly defines performance expectations, ensure accountability, and provides ongoing informal feedback. Conducts formal performance evaluations
- Takes corrective action in a timely manner
- Recognizes and rewards employees for good performance
- Recognizes value of and promotes diverse workforce. Values and encourages diverse perspectives, creativity and teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to use Word, Excel, email, and/or similar software applications to produce written correspondence, create and maintain spreadsheets, create/update reports, etc
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to work effectively with both internal and external clients and customers to identify their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems and/or satisfy their expectations by providing quality services
- Experience processing fiscal operations such as; monitoring and reconciling budgets and preparing payroll
- Demonstrated willingness and/or experience working with students and/or co-workers from a wide range of abilities, backgrounds, and experiences
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
- Experience working with diverse student populations, low-income/first generation students and students with disabilities
- Experience planning programs, events, and curriculum that empower under-represented students
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience working with databases maintaining student information such as MyCWU and Blumen.
- Life experiences that demonstrate an ability to contribute to CWU’s commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- A record of promoting inclusivity in the work environment.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $3,216 /month with periodic increases up to $4,188 /month Schedule/Appointment
: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) / 10 month cyclic appointment / PSE Bargaining Unit 4 / This grant funded position is currently funded through August 31, 2025. Continuation of this position past August 31, 2025 is contingent upon renewed funding being obtained. Working Conditions
: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer workstation for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required. The incumbent has regular contact with general public, vendors, and persons inquiring about the University. The internal contacts include other personnel of the University (students, faculty, staff, and administration) on a daily basis in order to provide or obtain information related to the department. Benefits
: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: https://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits An employee of CWU may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program if the employee has student loans. To learn more, visit: https://ofm.wa.gov/state-human-resources/public-service-loan-forgiveness-program.
How To Apply To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;Resume including work history, education, training; andContact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: May 4, 2022
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.Contact Information Name: Marie Marchand
Title: Interim Director, TRIO Student Support Services
Email: [email protected]
Please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.Conditions of Employment Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21.14.1
, CWU employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of October 2021. Your vaccination status will be verified if/when a job offer is made. Information about how to apply for medical and religious accommodations are available here: www.cwu.edu/hr/
. Failure to meet the vaccination policy (or approval of a medical or religious accommodation) will result in revocation of the offer.Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to sign a Sexual Misconduct disclosure in pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080 and submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.PSE
This position is part of a Public School Employees of Washington (PSE) bargaining unit. The seniority date for the selected applicant shall be set in accordance with Article 43.2 of the Public School Employees (PSE) collective bargaining agreement.