- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Completion of a CAAHEP accredited Surgical Technician Program is required.
- One-year experience as a Surgical Technician or as a Surgical Technician intern required. Surgical Technician intern experience must be paid and completed at Keck Medicine of USC.
- Valid Certified Surgical Tech (CST) or Surgery-Certified Credential (TS-C) from CAAHEP or ABHES certification.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
- LA City Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
Under general guidance of the Registered Nurse, the Surgical Tech II applies, demonstrates, and possesses proficient/advance knowledge, competencies, and skills of surgical and aseptic techniques and practices; assists the surgical team and performs a variety of tasks in an operating room; prepares, sterilizes, and cleans up surgical equipment and instruments; and is responsible for the care and safety of patients who come under his/her care. The Surgical Tech II is generally assigned a triad of surgical/operative procedures and exercises critical thinking and independent judgement.