Job no: 521449
Work type: Post Doc Associate
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Other
Department:29190000 - MD-NEUROLOGICAL SURGERY
PostDoc Associate - Department of Neurosurgery, Brain Tumor Immunotherapy
The assignment will include, but will not be limited to:
· Reading and analyzing relevant literature; contributing new ideas, actively engaging in scientific discussion, providing expertise to inform discussion of new concepts.
· Performing original research, data analysis, paper writing, and grant writing.
· Developing and publishing abstracts/publications to disseminate data; Presenting data at scientific meetings; Preparing figures and other elements necessary for grant submissions; Submitting grant proposals to fund research.
· Performing immunological experiments and data analysis, including but not limited to flow cytometry, qPCR, ELISA, animal imaging.
· Performing Next-Gen Sequencing data analysis
· Performing Single Cell RNA-seq analysis.
Supervising and Teaching/Mentoring medical or undergraduate students
These activities will include, but will not be limited to:
· Participate in one-on-one teaching and mentoring activities.
· Mentor and teach undergraduate students in UF scientific programs.
· Supervise visiting scholars and technologists who participate in relevant research activities.
· Contribute to managing a positive lab environment, including the spirit of collaboration and helping others.
Ph.D., or M.D., or M.D./Ph.D
- Ph.D., or M.D., or M.D./Ph.D. in cancer immunology, cancer biology
- Expertise in molecular biology/gene editing,
- Expertise in multiplex immunohistochemistry analysis
- Expertise in Single-Cell RNA seq analysis
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For consideration, please complete an application and include a cover letter, resume and the names and email addresses of three to five references.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time limited position.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 18 Apr 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 05 Jun 2022 Eastern Daylight Time