Job Code and Payroll Title
000473 EHS MGR 1 Job Summary
Manages both the EH&S (55%) and Security (45%) programs, which may include budgets, personnel, and other resources. Reviews, approves, and oversees implementation of policies and procedures to assure awareness of and compliance with both EH&S and Security requirements.
May oversee development of new programs within a single discipline in response to changing regulations which may include the following functions in EHS: hazard assessments, Incident Command Post management, Emergency Management, Mask Fit testing, indoor air quality (IAQ) surveys, injury and illness investigations, laboratory safety compliance, and inspections.
Functions for Security include oversight of security guards and security services, building entry, screenings, incident controls, alarm management, crime logs, event coverage, lockouts, safety escorts and Clery regulatory compliance.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
This position will work closely with Main Campus EHS, Facilities Management, Main Campus PD, Multi-Disciplinary departments, research, staff and students to identify and eliminate workplace hazards, provide security and facilitate compliance with applicable federal and state regulations for both safety and security for the UCSF Fresno campus.
This position will serve as both the EHS and Security liaison to our major affiliate and clinical sites.This position in located in Fresno , CAOrganization
EH&S Manager 1- FresnoEmployee Class
8 Hours Shift
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit) Job Category
Supervisory / Management Required Qualifications
- Advanced degree in related area of EHS and/or security with 6 years of experience of which 3 can be technical and 3 are supervisory.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of EH&S and Security technical requirements, logistics, materials and operations, rules, regulations, and laws as they pertain to federal, state and regulatory agencies.
- Good management skills to effectively lead and direct subordinate staff who are assigned duties in different programs; skills to effectively integrate several highly regulated subject and program areas. Required Solid written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills, including political acumen and skill to effectively communicate with diverse constituencies and senior management.
- Must be comfortable interacting and presenting sensitive information to all levels of leadership and a variety of key stakeholders.
- Solid skills to appropriately and efficiently respond to and direct the response to emergencies and critical situations, including follow-up evaluation and critique of response efficacy; recommend, develop, and implement changes to emergency response as required.
- Previous experience in a large higher education facility in emergency management techniques, plan development, security regulations for students, and implementation for EHS and Security.
- Previous demonstrated ability and track record interacting with regulatory agencies such as Cal OSHA.
- Solid skills to create, develop, and implement EH&S and Security projects / programs.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Preferred (RCA)
- Root Cause Analysis Certification
- Certified Safety Professional
OSHA 30Position Type
Full TimeDepartment Name
DO-Fres-CLS-MEBldgOpEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Department Description
Facilities and Campus Operations provides support to the facility and its users in the areas of engineering, maintenance, custodial, grounds, waste management, environmental health and safety, security, meeting/event management and all aspects for the safety and use of the facility.
EHS and Security play a significant role in the areas of regulatory compliance, OSHA, UCSF policies for EHS and Security, safety trainings, general, lab and office safety in addition to the security of the facility and surrounding grounds, access control, physical property, perimeter patrols, and Clery regulatory compliance with a focus on the safety and security of our learners, staff and faculty.
UCSF Fresno Regional Campus is an educational and clinical branch campus of UCSF that is located in the Central San Joaquin Valley and is administered by the Office of the Associate Dean in Fresno.
UCSF Fresno is focused on improving health in California’s San Joaquin Valley through excellence in medical education (physician training) and patient care and innovative clinical research and community partnerships.
The UCSF Fresno Regional Campus supports 9 residency programs, 17 fellowship programs, 3 PA programs, the SJV PRIME medical student program and several pipeline programs.About UCSF
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location