Job Code and Payroll Title
007889 CLIN RSCH CRD SR NEX Job Summary
Senior Clinical Research Coordinators independently coordinate and are accountable for the overall administration of one or more clinical studies, typically requiring advanced-level knowledge and skills. They may provide leadership to lower-level clinical research coordinators and/or other support personnel.
The position is responsible for, and critically important to the overall operational management of clinical research activities. It has direct responsibility for implementing a diverse portfolio of research activities for one or more studies which may include multicenter clinical trials (both NIH and industry-sponsored), local investigator-initiated clinical trials, and/or programmatic clinical research activities, such as a clinical database and biorepository. Positions at this level may perform expert and efficient integration of multiple complex programmatic activities, applying a sophisticated medical knowledge base, substantial leadership skills, effectively working with a variety of people and organizations at UCSF (clinicians, investigators, clinical staff, administration, Committee on Human Research, human resources, contracts and grants) and elsewhere (industry sponsors, coordinating centers, FDA, NIH), exhibiting an in-depth knowledge of specific programs.
Reporting to a Principal Investigator (PI) or Director, the incumbent may have central responsibility for ensuring CHR approval and compliance, contract generation, negotiation and approval, subject recruitment, appropriate study testing, and adequate enrollment of multicenter clinical trials, longitudinal cohort studies, local investigator-initiated studies, and biorepository efforts; exercise strong administration and management leadership of clinical research, strong research coordination, and may lead experienced personnel to ensure optimal systems for efficiency, compliance, safety, financial oversight, and contractual expertise in negotiations and execution, as well as create and implement quality improvement processes. This is a position of leadership whose main purpose is to ensure that clinical research commitments are met and that the programs maintain a reputation for excellence in all activitiesOrganization
Senior Clinical Research CoordinatorEmployee Class
8 Hours Shift
DaysAdditional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pmBargaining Unit
University Professional Technical Employees – Research Support Professionals Unit (UPTE-RX) Job Category
Research and Scientific, Supervisory / ManagementRequired Qualifications
BS/BA degree in a related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Sufficient experience and demonstrated skills to successfully perform the assigned duties and responsibilities; and/or equivalent experience/training. Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to obtain certification by the Society of Clinical Research Associates or the Association of Clinical Research Professionals within one year of date of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to develop recruitment strategies in complex environments and differing patient pools, independently in identifying recruitment leads, implementing new strategies, and continually adjusting strategies to meet current recruitment goals.
- In-depth knowledge of clinical research contracts and grants, clinical trials, protocols, FDA regulations, and complex visit structures.
- Project management skills to oversee the administrative operations of the clinical trials program; knowledge of strategies for recruiting human subjects.
- Exceptional analytical skills to evaluate the importance and urgency of problems; excellent demonstrated interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze complex and non-routine issues requiring innovative solutions.
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing organizational and technological environment.
- Ability to assess and respond to audit risk; ability to develop project plans/schedules and motivate team to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations.
- Financial analysis skills; demonstrated skills in preparing and presenting financial and quantitative analyses, including financial projections and budgets.
- Significant project and clinical trial management experience or progressively responsible experience in a related position including regulatory and compliance responsibilities.
- Experience with data collection software such as REDCAP
- Experience with obtaining institutional review board approval
Fluency in spreadsheet software; ability to develop complex spreadsheets independently; demonstrated skills in audit preparation, execution, and follow-up.License/Certification
- Familiarity with electronic health record systems and REDCAPExperience with grant application procedures, personnel documentation, institutional review board applications, contract generation and subcontracting, preferably at UCSF.
- Certification by the Society of Clinical Research Associates or the Association of Clinical Research Professionals
- Experience with industry-related studies in addition to NIH studies and progress reports
- Strong communication and multi-tasking skills
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in clinical research
Ability to obtain certification by the Society of Clinical Research Associates or the Association of Clinical Research Professionals within one year of date of hire.Position Type
Full TimeDepartment Name
MED-CORE-NEPH-GENEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Department Description
The Division of Nephrology is actively engaged in multiple research studies and currently has a transplant outcomes research center that it oversees. There are multiple research coordinators in the division currently.About UCSF
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Parnassus Heights (SF)