Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Responsible for the design and implementation of database solutions and database management systems software. Analyzes business procedures and problems to refine data and identify database structural necessities. Responsible for data security and integrity, database response time and availability, back up strategy and planning, and supporting the reporting needs of the College.
This is a grant funded position. Continued employment is contingent upon grant funding.
Minimum Base Pay: $63,619.00. All salary calculations start at the minimum salary and will be based on candidate's education and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
- Researches, evaluates and recommends changes in hardware, software and networking that contribute to a more effective college-wide network.
- Develops and administers policies and procedures as they relate to the accumulation, storing, and deletion of data processing records.
- Develops and administers data processing security systems and procedures. Includes security systems for both physical access to data processing facilities and access to data and programs.
- Develops, maintains, or administers the data processing disaster recovery plan. Includes making data and program backups. Performs effective resolution of unscheduled or emergency assignments insuring service continuity.
- Maintains current knowledge of field or profession. Travels to training workshops, conferences, meetings and professional association events outside of college locations as needed.
- Resolves system errors or failures. Involves identifying system problems and implementing corrective actions. Problems addressed include hardware, software, and procedures.
- Collects data and evaluates the performance of data processing systems. Fine tunes systems, as required.
- Functions in an on-call capacity for response to hardware, software or network systems repair needed during normal business hours or instances where the college is closed.
- Installs, sets-up and provides technical support for software applications and programs used by staff and faculty.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of study
- Four years of related experience
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications
- Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (ETL) process in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)
- Microsoft Project or similar application
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Microsoft SQL Server or similar application
- Azure SQL Environments, tools, and user management
- Attention to detail while maintaining effective time and task management
- Fact finding, analysis, and problem solving
- Managing and resolving conflict in a positive manner
- Project management design and analysis
- Research information for problem solving
- Use relational database management systems
- Organize and prioritize multiple, competing priorities to maximize personal and team effectiveness
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing on a regular basis with internal and external customers, build relationships, manage customer expectations and take responsibility for a high level of service
Licenses, Registration, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
- Regular physical attendance required
Education and Experience:
- Data warehousing DBA experience
- Experience with DB maintenance using SQL Azure, SQL Azure database backup and point in time recovery, and SQL Azure performance tuning
- Azure Data Factory
- Microsoft Azure Analytics
- Azure Data Lakes
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
- Reach and grasp objects
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Use of video display terminal
- Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Identify and distinguish colors and shades of color
- Communicate information orally and in writing
- Receive and understand information through oral and written communication
- Proofread and check documents for accuracy
This job description is intended to be generic in nature and describe the essential functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Employment InformationPlease review the following information in order to apply for a position at Palm Beach State College:
- Carefully review the minimum qualifications advertised for the available position as only applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be considered.
- Background Check/ Drug Screen may be required based on the specific requirements of the position for which the application is being submitted. Employment is contingent upon the passing of a drug test and upon completion of a criminal background investigation.
- An important goal of the Office of Human Resources is to respond to all applicants once a selection is made. Please take notice of the position closing date advertised. Whenever positions are filled, the Office of Human Resources responds to all applicants who have submitted applications.
This position is open until filled