About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally diverse institution providing quality education and research in aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South America.
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security, and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is currently recruiting for a MicaPlex Technology Business Incubator Manager. This position will assist the Executive Director in day-to-day operations of the Embry-Riddle Research Park and MicaPlex Technology Business Incubator, and coordinate events and services for our client companies. Competitive candidates will have experience in business model generation, value proposition design, startup company assistance, event management, and strong customer service skills. This position has high growth potential to further build incubator management skills including paid training and certifications. Strong candidates will have a passion for supporting startup companies and entrepreneurs.
Incubator Client Services
- work one-on-one with startups including business model canvas and customer discovery training
- make connections between startups and Embry-Riddle researchers/students, laboratory assets, and network contacts
- identify and recruit new startup companies into the incubator
Event Planning and Entrepreneurship Training
- assist/lead ideation, planning, and execution of entrepreneurship-focused events
- communicate with speakers/presenters, generate event invites/registrations and collect RSVP’s
- coordinate event services (room reservation, facilities, catering, IT set-up)
- act as liaison for event attendees and sponsors, collect post-event feedback
- coordinate incubator application and evaluation process
- manage tenant move-in and move-out procedures
- hire and manage student assistants
- office supplies procurement, manage common area services, coordinate building access/approvals, maintain conference room and event space reservations
- familiarity with entrepreneurship and startup company principles and best practices
- previous training in Business Model Canvas or similar startup business planning methods
- event planning experience
- outstanding organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- calm and professional demeanor and strong willingness to go above and beyond for our clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- grant writing experience
- previous experience working for/founding a startup company
- advanced degree in engineering or business
- incubator management certification