Barry University, Facilities Management Department is currently seeking a full time Plumber. Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Plumber repairs and maintains plumbing systems machinery and mechanical equipment such as lavatories, toilets, showers, supply lines, drains, traps, pumps and equipment.
Available to work flexible schedule, occasional evening/weekendEssential Functions
Performs routine preventative maintenance on all plumbing equipment, including:
- Clean, repair, and install piping for a wide variety of equipment: sinks, toilets, drinking fountains, laboratory fixtures, dishwashers, disposals and water filtration systems.
- Repair and install sump pumps, water circulators, and various valves.
- Dismantles devices to gain access and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
Completes assigned plumbing work orders, including:
- Co-Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Identifying necessary parts and equipment for ordering.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Initiates orders for parts and machines, and necessary equipment.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Provide assistance with small projects by rebuilding, repairing, and replacing equipment, including controls.
- Assist with maintaining equipment and service records.
- Assists or perform all other skilled maintenance duties as required or assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Assists other trades personnel in work projects or special assignments.
- Keep shop areas clean and organized.
- Comply and follow procedures to support part with work orders.
- Close work orders on a daily basis.
- High School diploma required, Associate’s degree preferred.
- 5-8 years of full time experience as a plumber required.
- Available to work flexible schedule, occasional evening/weekend
- Knowledge and extensive experience in the maintenance, installation and repair of plumbing systems associated with buildings, equipment and fixtures is required.
- Must be able to read blueprints and piping diagrams and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be mature, adaptable and have the ability to work pleasantly and tactfully with his/her fellow employees, faculty, students and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.