Adjunct Faculty - English Composition Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
About the Position
“Our mission is to deliver an exceptional student experience by providing superior programs and services that are relevant and result in meaningful learning.”
National University is proud to provide high quality, accessible higher education to a diverse student population, primarily adult learners, from all fifty states. Our students and faculty thrive in a dynamic and exciting work environment. National University has been recognized as a Great College to Work For in a survey by The Chronicle of Higher Education. Recently, National University has partnered with Amazon to provide degrees for their many associates around the country.
The General Education program is currently seeking part-time faculty to teach general education classes at Amazon distribution centers in San Diego, California, San Bernardino, CA, Houston, TX. The part-time Adjunct Faculty position will be teaching 4-week courses in onsite or hybrid onsite/online formats. The available courses are Effective College English, Advanced Composition, and Information Literacy.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead classroom sessions on-site, online, or in hybrid formats according to university policies
- Provide expertise in assigned content area by maintaining current knowledge in the field
- Respond to student needs in a timely fashion, typically within 48 hours
- Provide substantive feedback to students, grade assignments, and post grades
- Participate in online class discussion boards
- Emphasize student-centered learning by promoting student inquiries and encouraging participation in their own learning
- Maintain a positive, safe, student-centric learning environment
- Master’s Degree in Composition Studies, Rhetoric, Creative Writing, Literature, or a related writing-intensive field
- At least two years of classroom teaching experience at the college-level
- Must reside and be eligible to work in the United States
Materials Needed for Submission:
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover Letter highly preferred
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit translation/degree evaluation from one of our approved agencies.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and/or analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal and requires color vision and depth perception. The work is performed in an office environment and outside the office as necessary.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state, and local laws.
At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative, and creative professionals come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('/psc/nushrprd_newwin/EMPLOYEE/PSFT_NUSHRPRD/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;