Assessment Spec, DTCJob Type:
Part-TimeEmployee Class Description:
Staff PT (ed. support)General Position Description:
Responsible for coordination, administration and supervision of assessments and examinations. Provides information to students at all levels regarding the assessment/testing process.Grade:
S778PPrimary Work Location:
Orlando, FL 32801 - Downtown CampusIf multiple locations, what are the other locations::
No additional location, Orlando, FL 32801 - Downtown CampusProposed Work Schedule (Please note hours subject to change based on business needs):
25 hours per week Monday-Friday between 8 am – 5pm.Number of Vacancies:
1Posting Start Date:
02/18/2022Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting:
13.35 per hourDescription of Job Function:
1. Ensures eligibility of students taking assessments.Description of Job Function:
2. Provides information and guidance to students regarding the assessment/testing process.Description of Job Function:
3. Administers and monitors standardized assessments.Description of Job Function:
4. Assists in administering and supervising assessments as directed.Description of Job Function:
5. Maintains security and integrity of assessments and the assessment environment, and ensures optimal testing conditions for students.Description of Job Function:
6. Responds to telephone and in person inquiries regarding the assessment/testing process and other steps in the enrollment process.Description of Job Function:
7. Maintains records of assessments and provides periodic reports.Description of Job Function:
8. Accesses, inputs, and retrieves data from multiple applications such as Banner and testing agency sites.Description of Job Function:
9. Guides students in the use of Atlas in the enrollment process.Description of Job Function:
10. Performs other duties as assigned.Required Minimum Education:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)Other Required Qualifications:
This position will work with College Level Examination Program (CLEP) testing and software. Undergraduate students are not eligible to apply per the College Board’s CLEP® iBT Administrator’s Handbook. Preferred Education & Field of Study:
Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.Preferred Type of Experience:
Experience with test administration, computer scanning, scoring, and supervision. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Progressively responsible clerical/administrative experience.
Knowledge of computer systems. General Working Conditions:
Knowledge of assessment programs (i.e. PERT, CLEP, TEAS, and CJBAT).
Ability to manage multiple tasks.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to work with people, departments, and
students from diverse backgrounds.
Ability to read technical manuals and apply knowledge and to maintain the security of assessment programs.
Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. The employee will routinely operate standard office equipment including but not limited to computers, keyboards, mouse, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Typical physical competencies include but are not limited to frequently remaining stationary, moving, reaching, positioning self and occasionally ascending/descending, lifting/moving objects weighing between 5-15 pounds. This job also entails frequently communicating, discerning and exchanging information, detecting and perceiving objects up close, at a distance, and the ability to adjust focus. Cognitive abilities include but are not limited to frequently using discretion, judgment, reasoning, memory, learning, maintaining confidentiality, comprehension, problem solving, and decision-making.
The typical work environment, physical and cognitive demands listed above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The College has a process to identify and make available reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Diversity Statement:
All employees must demonstrate a commitment to Valencia College’s Equity and Inclusion efforts.