22013989 Job Schedule
Per Diem Date Posted:
6/13/2022 Job Description
Radiation Therapist Per Diem
AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Facility Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway, Daytona Beach, FL 32174
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources and Mental Health Resources and Support
- No State Income Tax
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Per Diem
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Daytona Beach is famous for NASCAR, Bike Week, and its 23 miles of hard-packed white sand, but there is a lot more to the area than that.
- There is a vibrant arts community and seven quality colleges and universities, including Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
- The most preferred hospital in Volusia County since 2010
- Named one of the Nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics ™
- Low cost of living combined with a high quality of life on the sunny shores of the Atlantic Ocean
The role you’ll contribute:
The Radiation Therapist is responsible for performing safe and efficient patient simulations, and applying ionizing radiation to the patient as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist. The Radiation Therapist demonstrates and promotes service excellence at all times, and is a key member of the comprehensive team responsible for the care of the oncology patient.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Prepares the patient and delivers radiation treatments as directed by the Radiation Oncologist.
- Completes consistency check prior to the first treatment.
- Compares the dose information in ARIA against the dose information on the dosimetry plans.
- Monitors the patient with audio/visual equipment during the treatment to observe any patient movement and notified manager of any patient complaints.
- Documents all patient information in the treatment record, including but not limited to port films, the use of bolus or other treatment aids.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiation Therapy program
- Current Florida Radiation Therapist license required
- Must be a Registered Radiation Therapist (ARRT)
- Current BLS from American Heart Association
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.