Associate Director - Job Growth Grant #11890 Tracking Code1808-666Job Description
Associate Director - Job Growth Grant
Mary Karl College of Workforce & Continuing Education
One Year - Grant Funded Position
You Belong HERE!
Our Center for Business & Industry has an immediate one-year grant funded job opportunity for an Associate Director. We are looking for an enthusiastic staff member responsible for the implementation of the Job Growth Grant Project. The Associate Director will facilitate the implementation of the project activities, coordinate the work of the staff, and guide the efforts of the associated college departments to ensure compliance and accountability for grant-funded outcomes.
Offering more than 100 certificate, associate and bachelor’s degree programs, Daytona State College (DSC) has responded to the education and workforce training needs in our region for more than 60 years. The college enrolls nearly 25,000 students annually at its seven instructional sites, with graduates serving in critical fields including health care, emergency services, business, education, hospitality, engineering, technology and more.
DSC is consistently ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. The online Nursing and Engineering Technology degrees are ranked as the No. 1 most affordable programs of their kind, and Study.com lists DSC as one of Florida’s Top Online Colleges and Schools, covering all accredited universities and colleges in the state. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked DSC among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. And for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked DSC among its Top Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. DSC is a student-centered institution committed to open access, excellence in teaching and learning, and, foremost, student success. The College offers a full range of social and cultural activities that include our internationally recognized Southeast Museum of Photography, a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic facility, an athletic program with 10 varsity sports, and a performing arts center that hosts theatrical, musical and dance productions throughout the year. Admission to most of these events is free for DSC employees.
Required Qualifications: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in business, education, or related field and four (4) years of business experience in addition to education.
Desired Qualifications: Four (4) years of grant management or project management experience.
Working Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may also be required, as well as travel.
Note: This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who have previously applied are still under consideration and need not reapply.
The minimum starting salary is $47,700.00.
Posted Date:3/31/2022 Closing Date: until filled
Application review to begin on 4/18/2022
Rewards package, features:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free wellness membership at our Lemerand Center
- Education Reimbursement and Professional development opportunities
Key Responsibilities: This position is responsible for the implementation of the Job Growth Grant. The Associate Director will facilitate the implementation of project activities, coordinate the work of the staff, to ensure compliance and accountability for grant-funded outcomes. The successful candidate will provide leadership, direction and oversight of the following activities and operations.
- Coordinate Job Growth Grant activities to achieve the outcomes of the grant as stated in the grant proposal and grant award.
- Develop and implement a management plan to provide direction and oversight for the administration of grant functions and activities.
- Conduct meetings and ensure ongoing communication with and engagement of associated college departments.
- Maintain records, monitor budgets and contracts, and manage grant resources to ensure compliance with applicable rules, and regulation. Maintain documentation to track participants, services received, training outcomes, certifications and placements. Prepare and submit reports and participate in evaluation activities as required.
- With the assistance from associated college departments, implement internal and external outreach efforts to create awareness of the program, engage employers and recruit participants. Outreach and recruitment will include working with local Workforce Development Board in their Career Centers, diverse social media campaigns and community forums.
- Coordinate with associated college departments and their academic program advisory committees the development, scheduling and delivery of courses in order to meet grant requirements.
- Engage students to ensure program completion and attainment of industry certifications as required by the grant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The successful candidate must have excellent analytical, organizational, written/oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills as well as the ability to be flexible in order to match the demands of the grant. He/she must be comfortable with technology including the Microsoft Office Suite. The successful candidate must be able to function effectively in a team environment, grasp concepts quickly and develop and meet goals. He/she must also be able to supervise others effectively, keep accurate records and communicate effectively with college employees, business/industry representatives and the public.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application at www.DaytonaState.edu/hr. Applicants may also upload his/her cover letter, resume and transcripts of all degrees and coursework. Application must include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If formal education occurred at an international institution, a copy of the degree evaluation must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Candidates will not be considered if copies of transcripts (and / or third-party evaluations) are not furnished by the position closing date. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks are required.
For more information, please contact us at telephone 386.506.4505, or 386.506.3238 for a TDD connection, or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations, contact 386.506.4505.
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site http://www.daytonastate.edu/hr/equalaccess.html or contact Lonnie Thompson, Director of Equity, Inclusion and Title IX at 386-506-3973 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER
Job LocationDaytona Beach, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular