- Completion of an accredited vocational nursing program.
- Three years of clinical experience in an acute care or ambulatory care setting required.
- Experience caring for transplant patients preferred.
- Valid California Vocational Nurse license.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
- Fire and Safety Certification. If employee does not have card upon hire one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
Under the direction of the RN Transplant Coordinator, the clinical transplant LVN assists in the assessment, data collection, and management of the transplant candidate and transplant recipient The clinical transplant LVN assists other personnel to ensure high quality delivery of patient care and services to this patient population. Will participate in transplant clinics in conjunction with the physicians and transplant coordinators. Prepares charts for clinics, anticipating MD orders, follow up on labs and diagnostic studies in advance, and seeing patients in clinic in conjunction with the MD/ provider. Follow up on medications ordered, diagnostic studies, and therapeutic procedures related and track results timely following each patient encounter. Maintains records in OTTR accordingly. Works closely with Coordinator to tightly manage Awaiting Review and Pending Actions lists daily. Works with Coordinator to ensure patients are presented to transplant selection committee as appropriate. Communicates patient’s admit orders to intake team and discharge needs to discharge planner at Keck Hospital of USC and USC Norris Hospital and/or inpatient coordinator. Attends transplant selection committee and other multi-disciplinary conferences as needed. Monitors compliance of protocols. Acts as a liaison between patient and multiple medical/surgical disciplines involved in the care of these patients; communicates plan of care with referring physicians as appropriate. Works to maintain and establish new relationships with referring physician office staff.